Does Frailty Help Predict Postoperative Outcomes in Cardiac Surgery? (FOCuS)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02749149|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified April 2016 by King's College Hospital NHS Trust.
Recruitment status was: Enrolling by invitation
First Posted : April 22, 2016
Last Update Posted : April 22, 2016
|Condition or disease|
|Coronary Heart Disease Heart Valve Diseases|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Estimated Enrollment :||120 participants|
|Official Title:||Assessment of the Frailty Score in Cardiac Surgery and Its Correlation to Cardiac Postoperative Morbidity and Disability - a Prospective Observational Study|
|Study Start Date :||January 2016|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||April 2017|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||June 2017|
Patients undergoing cardiac surgery: coronary artery bypass graft (CABG); valve replacement/repair; or transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI) surgery
- Disability-free survival [ Time Frame: 1 year ]Defined as percentage of participants alive and with a disability score (using World Health Organisation Disability Assessment Schedule 2.0, WHODAS) of less than 25%.
- Mortality [ Time Frame: 1 month postoperative ]
- Delirium [ Time Frame: 3 days postoperative ]Using Confusion Assessment Method (CAM).
- In hospital complications [ Time Frame: 1 month ]Incidence of major adverse cardiac or cerebrovascular events, and/or acute renal injury.
- Return to theatre [ Time Frame: 1 month ]
- Length of hospital stay [ Time Frame: 1 month ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT02749149
|Principal Investigator:||Joshua Lucas de Carvalho||King's College London|