Outcome After Dental Implant Treatment
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02671812|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : February 2, 2016
Last Update Posted : February 12, 2019
|Condition or disease|
|PROMs Peri-implantitis Mucositis Periodontitis|
- A questionnaire study will investigate patient satisfaction 8-14 years after dental implant therapy to study if complications influence the degree of satisfaction/quality of life. The questionnaire will be sent to 587 patients treated at The Specialist Clinic Skanstull.
- A clinical examination of a minimum 150 patients who answered the questionnaire will be performed:
- to study the incidence of biological and technical complications on dental implants after a minimum of 10 year of function.
- to study the survival rates of implants at patient level and the degree of bone loss of remaining teeth and implants. In addition, the correlation between bone loss of remaining teeth and bone loss of implants will be studied.
- samples taken from the gingival crevicular fluid to investigate the profile of cytokines and bone resorption markers as well as to study the intra-individual correlation of cytokines and bone markers in gingival crevicular fluid from sites with peri-implantitis and periodontal defects in individuals with dental implants.
- in addition, the salivary cytokine and bone resorption markers will be analyzed in order to identify disease-specific biomarkers as well as to study the correlation between the cytokine/bone resorption markers in saliva and in gingival/peri-implant crevicular fluid.
- To identify significant risk factors or risk predictors on the incidence of peri-implantitis.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||163 participants|
|Official Title:||Longterm Outcome After Dental Implant Treatment|
|Actual Study Start Date :||November 27, 2014|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||August 2018|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||August 2018|
- Patients satisfaction after dental implant treatment [ Time Frame: 10 years after implant treatment ]Questionnaire and clinical examination
- Complications prevalence [ Time Frame: 10 years after implant treatment ]Self reported and registered in patients journal and detected at the clinical examination
- Profile of inflamatory markers [ Time Frame: 10 years after implant treatment ]Samples of saliva and gingival fluid from healthy and disease sites at both tooth and dental implants will be analyzed
Biospecimen Retention: Samples With DNA
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT02671812
|Study Director:||Margaret Sällberg Chen, Assc. Prof||Karolinska Institutet Odontologen|