The Effects of Intrauterine Infusion of hCG at the Time of Embryo Transfer
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02668965|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified January 2016 by Savinee Boonsuk, Mahidol University.
Recruitment status was: Recruiting
First Posted : January 29, 2016
Last Update Posted : January 29, 2016
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Infertility||Procedure: Intrauterine hCG (pregnyl)||Not Applicable|
Patients at infertility clinic, siriraj hospital who come to start IVF/ICSI treatment cycle or endometrial preparation for embryo transfer are consiferes as eligible subjects.
On the day of embryo transfer (both fresh and frozen-thaw cycle), the subjects will be randomized to 2 groups.
- control group: embryo transfer after intrauterine infusion with standard embryo culture media 4-7 minutes
- study group: embryo transfer after intrauterine infusion with hCG (Pregnyl) 4-7 minutes
The patients will come back for serum beta-hCG measurement 2 weeks later after embryo transfer and other 2 weeks later for transvaginal ultrasound if beta-hCG is positive.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||200 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||Double (Participant, Care Provider)|
|Primary Purpose:||Health Services Research|
|Official Title:||The Effects of Intrauterine Infusion of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin at the Time of Embryo Transfer on IVF/ICSI Outcomes: Randomized, Double-blind Controlled Study|
|Study Start Date :||December 2015|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||March 2016|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||April 2016|
No Intervention: control
intrauterine infusion with standard embryo culture media 10 microliters before embryo transfer
Experimental: intrauterine hCG
intrauterine infusion with hCG (500 IU) 10 microliters before embryo transfer
Procedure: Intrauterine hCG (pregnyl)
- Clinical pregnancy rate [ Time Frame: 2 weeks after positive serum beta-hCG ]Transvaginal ultrasound to confirm number of intrauterine gestational sac and fetal heart beats
- Chemical pregnancy rate [ Time Frame: 2 weeks after embryo transfer ]positive serum beta-hCG more than 3
- Implantation rate [ Time Frame: 2 weeks after positive serum beta-hCG ]number of intrauterine gestational sac / number of embryo transferred
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT02668965
|Contact: savinee boonsuk, M.D.||+firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Infertility unit, Siriraj Hospital||Recruiting|
|Bangkok, Thailand, 10700|
|Contact: savinee boonsuk, M.D. +66818706643 email@example.com|
|Contact: Pitak Laokrikkiat, M.D. +66890009977 firstname.lastname@example.org|