Evaluation of Monitoring TECHNOlogies in the PERI-OPerative Care of Cardiac Surgical Patients (TechnoPeriOp)
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02658006|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : January 18, 2016
Last Update Posted : September 13, 2016
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|C.Surgical Procedure; Cardiac Right-Sided Heart Failure Acute Kidney Injury Respiratory Insufficiency Postoperative Complications||Procedure: Cardiac surgery|
The study has 4 main objectives:
- To determine if right ventricular pressure tracings correlate with other indices of right ventricular failure and with positive fluid balance, renal failure and increased length of stay in the intensive care unit.
- To determine the prevalence of portal vein pulsatility in the perioperative period and its association with right ventricular failure and positive fluid balance.
- To determine if Near InfraRed Spectroscopy (NIRS) values correlate with mixed venous oxygen saturation (SvO2) and with poorer post-operative prognosis.
- To determine the incidence, risk factors and prognosis of respiratory complications of cardiac surgery using transthoracic ultrasonography.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||120 participants|
|Official Title:||Evaluation of Multimodal Monitoring Technologies in the Peri-operative Care of Cardiac Surgical Patients|
|Study Start Date :||November 2015|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||June 2016|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||June 2016|
Cardiac surgical patients
Adult patients having a cardiac surgery at the Montreal Heart Institute
Procedure: Cardiac surgery
All cardiac surgery procedures
- Right ventricular failure [ Time Frame: First 24 hours post cardiac surgery ]
- Pulmonary complications [ Time Frame: 30 days ]Composite outcome : pneumonia, prolonged mechanical ventilation (more than 24 hours) or clinically significant atelectasis (requiring > 2L O2).
- Acute Renal failure [ Time Frame: 30 days ]KDIGO : class I and more
- Fluid balance [ Time Frame: First 24h ]
- Maximal blood lactate levels [ Time Frame: First 24h ]
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT02658006
|Montreal Heart Institute|
|Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H1T 1C8|
|Principal Investigator:||André Y Denault, MD, PhD||Montreal Heart Institute|