Acute Exacerbation of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Inpatient Registry Study (AECOPD-IRS)
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02657525|
Recruitment Status : Active, not recruiting
First Posted : January 18, 2016
Last Update Posted : February 4, 2016
China-Japan Friendship Hospital
China Soong Ching Ling Foundation
Information provided by (Responsible Party):
Chen Wang, China-Japan Friendship Hospital
The purpose of this study is to investigate the demographic characteristics, clinical features, diagnoses and treatments of AECOPD hospitalized patients in China, and disease prognosis and its economic burden.
|Condition or disease|
|Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease|
|Study Type :||Observational [Patient Registry]|
|Estimated Enrollment :||7600 participants|
|Target Follow-Up Duration:||3 Years|
|Official Title:||Acute Exacerbation of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Inpatient Registry Study|
|Study Start Date :||January 2016|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||December 2016|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||January 2020|
Primary Outcome Measures :
- In-hospital mortality [ Time Frame: 12 months ]All-cause and cause-specific mortality will be described.
- Readmission [ Time Frame: 12 months ]Readmission rate caused by AECOPD within 1 month after discharged from hospital.
Secondary Outcome Measures :
- All-cause and cause-specific mortality [ Time Frame: 3 years ]All-cause and cause-specific mortality will be described at different time points (1, 2, 3 years)
- Recurrence of acute exacerbation of COPD [ Time Frame: 3 years ]Frequency of AECOPD recurrence will be described during follow-ups, the date of first recurrence after discharge will be analysed.
- Lung function and quality of life assessment [ Time Frame: 3 years ]Lung function will be measured regularly, quality of life will be assessed by questionnaires
- Healthcare costs [ Time Frame: 12 months ]Direct costs of hospital stay will be recorded.
No Contacts or Locations Provided