Validation of DNA Methylation Biomarkers for Oral Cancer Detection
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02648789|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : January 7, 2016
Last Update Posted : August 9, 2018
|Condition or disease|
|Oral Cancer Recurrence|
In this study, investigators plan to recruit 40~50 patients who had, or currently has oral cancer. The study procedures are as below:
- After the Informed Consent Form is signed, swab from the lesion site and normal site to obtain oral epithelial cells.
- Collect tissue from the tumor site and the non-cancerous matched site from the surgery or the tissue bank.
- Collect oral swab from the lesion site and the normal site when patients return to the clinic for a regular follow-up.
Specimens will be collected for DNA methylation testing, and the results will be compared with patient's clinical diagnosis. It is expected that the relationship between DNA methylation, oral cancer, and the recurrence of oral cancer will be found.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||46 participants|
|Official Title:||Validation of DNA Methylation Biomarkers for Oral Cancer Detection|
|Actual Study Start Date :||May 2015|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||May 2017|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||May 2017|
- Association between the DNA methylation level and the stage of cancer [ Time Frame: 1 year ]
- Compare the DNA methylation level and the stage of cancer before treatment.
- DNA methylation level as a monitor tool for recurrence/metastasis of oral cancer.
- qPCR will be used to determine the DNA methylation level.
Biospecimen Retention: Samples With DNA
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT02648789
|Taipei Veterans General Hospital|
|Taipei, Taiwan, 112|
|Principal Investigator:||Cheng-Chieh Yang, DDS., Ph.D.||Department of Stomatology, Taipei Veterans General Hospital|
|Principal Investigator:||Shou-Yen Kao, DDS., M.D.S.||Department of Stomatology, Taipei Veterans General Hospital|