The Efficacy of Intravenous Iron for the Treatment of Anemia in Cancer Patients
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02599012|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified February 2017 by Jun Ho Jang, Samsung Medical Center.
Recruitment status was: Recruiting
First Posted : November 6, 2015
Last Update Posted : February 10, 2017
- Multifactorial pathogenesis is involved in anemia of cancer patients and defining the causes of anemia is not always simple.
- Currently, treatment options available for anemia in cancer patients include red blood cell (RBC) transfusion, erythropoietin stimulating agent (ESA), and iron supplementation, accompanying considerable pros and cons for each treatment.
- Previous studies have demonstrated benefit when treating with IV iron in combination with ESA and, more recently, evidence is emerging to suggest a role for IV iron alone.
- In this study, investigator will assess the efficacy of intravenous iron for the treatment of anemia in cancer patients.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Cancer Anemia||Drug: Ferinject®||Phase 2|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||100 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Actual Study Start Date :||September 12, 2015|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||October 2017|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||December 2017|
intravenous Ferinject 1000mg injection
- Number of participants with Hemoglobin response [ Time Frame: visit 4th after Ferinject injection ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT02599012
|Korea, Republic of|
|Samsung Medical Center||Recruiting|
|Seoul, Irwon-ro ,Kangnam-gu, Korea, Republic of, 06351|
|Contact: JiYoung Choi 82-2-3410-3660 email@example.com|