Feasibility Trial of CBT for Depersonalisation in Psychosis
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02427542|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : April 28, 2015
Last Update Posted : August 8, 2016
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Psychotic Disorders Depersonalization||Other: CBT for Depersonalization/Derealization Other: Treatment as usual||Phase 1|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||20 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||Single (Outcomes Assessor)|
|Official Title:||A Brief Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Intervention for Depersonalisation/Derealisation in Psychosis: a Feasibility Study|
|Study Start Date :||March 2015|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||March 2016|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||March 2016|
Active Comparator: CBT for DP
Six sessions of CBT covering psycho-education, formulation, enhancing coping strategies (including grounding) and cognitive restructuring techniques.
Other: CBT for Depersonalization/Derealization
In addition to treatment as usual, six sessions of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Depersonalization/Derealisation covering psychoeducation, formulation, coping strategies.
Placebo Comparator: Treatment as usual
Participants will continue to receive their normal treatment - in most cases, this will be care coordination/case management delivered through a community mental health team and may include medication.
Other: Treatment as usual
Treatment as usual - in most cases case management/care coordination and may include medication
- Feasibility of intervention ( including recruitment rates, acceptance rates, drop outs) [ Time Frame: 10 weeks ]Feasibility estimates of delivering the intervention including recruitment rates, acceptance rates, drop outs.
- Depersonalisation score (Score on the Cambridge Depersonalisation Scale) [ Time Frame: 10 weeks ]Score on the Cambridge Depersonalisation Scale
- Acceptability of intervention (Satisfaction and attrition rates) [ Time Frame: 10 weeks ]Satisfaction and attrition rates
- Depression (Score on Beck Depression Inventory) [ Time Frame: 10 weeks ]Score on Beck Depression Inventory
- Anxiety (Score on Beck Anxiety Inventory) [ Time Frame: 10 weeks ]Score on Beck Anxiety Inventory
- Psychosis (Score on the Psychotic Symptom Rating Scale (PSYRATS) [ Time Frame: 10 weeks ]Score on the Psychotic Symptom Rating Scale (PSYRATS)
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT02427542
|London, United Kingdom, SE5 8AZ|
|Principal Investigator:||Simone Farrelly, PhD||King's College London|