Improving Physical Function in Skilled Nursing Facility Residents (SNF)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02421692|
Recruitment Status : Terminated
First Posted : April 21, 2015
Last Update Posted : November 15, 2016
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Physical Deconditioning||Other: Progressive Rehabilitation||Not Applicable|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||153 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Official Title:||Improving Physical Function in Skilled Nursing Facility Residents|
|Study Start Date :||April 2015|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||November 2016|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||November 2016|
No Intervention: Usual Care
SNF rehabilitation therapists provide all patients with usual standard of care.
Experimental: Progressive Rehabilitation
SNF rehabilitation therapists have been trained on principles of progressive rehabilitation strategies and will implement to all eligible patients as new standard of care.
Other: Progressive Rehabilitation
Progressive, high-intensity strengthening and functional interventions to facilitate independence with functional activities.
- Short Physical Performance Battery (SPPB) [ Time Frame: Change from Admission to Discharge (expected average length of stay 21 days) ]Global measure of lower extremity function, which consists of walking speed, chair stands, and balance tests
- Gait Speed [ Time Frame: Change from Admission to Discharge (expected average length of stay 21 days) ]Time it takes to walk a 4 meter path
- Patient Satisfaction Survey [ Time Frame: Discharge (expected average length of stay 21 days) ]8 question survey, scoring each question on a 1-10 scale (1=not at all and 10=extremely)
- Therapist Intervention Compliance [ Time Frame: Bi-weekly for 5 months during intervention arm ]Audits of therapist documentation and on-site observations with an objective checklist during treatment sessions
- Discharge Location [ Time Frame: Discharge (expected average length of stay 21 days) ]Record the discharge location of individuals
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT02421692
|United States, Colorado|
|Gardens on Quail|
|Arvada, Colorado, United States, 80004|
|Principal Investigator:||Jennifer Stevens-Lapsley, PT, PhD||University of Colorado, Denver|