Cerebral Oxygenation in Septic Patients Using Vasopressors - the Conscious Study (CONSCIOUS)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02237833|
Recruitment Status : Terminated (Too slow recruitment.)
First Posted : September 11, 2014
Last Update Posted : April 27, 2017
|Condition or disease|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||15 participants|
|Official Title:||Cerebral Oxygenation in Septic Patients Using Vasopressors - The Conscious Study|
|Study Start Date :||February 2015|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||January 2017|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||January 2017|
Septic shock and vasopressor
Measuring cerebral oxymetry (SCO2) first 24 hours in septic shock and given vasopressors.
- Number of minutes of SCO2-values lower than 50 or reduced by 20% during 24 hours [ Time Frame: 24 hours ]SCO2 will be measured before initiating vasopressor therapy. Thereafter SCO2 are updated every 2 seconds and is measured for 24 hours.
- Incidence of acute myocardial infarction [ Time Frame: Hospital discharge, expected 12 days at average ]Incidence of acute myocardial infarction based on international criteria
- Use of vasopressors/inotropes [ Time Frame: Discharge from ICU, expected 5 days at average ]
Use of vasopressors/inotropes
- Fluid balance [ Time Frame: 24 hours ]
- Length of stay in ICU [ Time Frame: Discharge from ICU, expected 5 days at average ]
- Length of stay in hospital [ Time Frame: Discharge from hospital, expected 10 days at average ]
- Incidence of organ failure [ Time Frame: Discharge from ICU, expected 5 days at average ]Measuring Sequential Organ Failure Assessment, SOFA, score at inclusion and once daily during ICU-stay.
Biospecimen Retention: Samples Without DNA
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT02237833
|Sykehuset i Vestfold HF|
|Tonsberg, Vestfold, Norway, N-3117|
|Principal Investigator:||Karl-Andre Wian, cand.med.||Syekhuset Vestfold HF|