Study of Skin Parameters in the PROOF Cohort (PEAU PROOF)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02104960|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : April 7, 2014
Last Update Posted : January 14, 2015
This study aims to evaluate skin aging of an homogeneous population of 77 years old patient selected among the PROOF cohort who has been continuously investigated by cardiological examination.
Skin aging will be explored by macroscopic and microscopic evaluation. In particular, skin aging will be measured by an index of clinical aging (SCINEXA) and other complementary measures such as facial photos, standard and High Definition dermoscopy, elastography, sebumetry, in vivo and ex vivo confocal microscopy, and classical histological examinations.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Skin Aging||Other: Dermatological clinical examination Other: Biopsy Other: Confocal microscopy in vivo|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||209 participants|
|Official Title:||Study of Skin Parameters in the PROOF Cohort|
|Study Start Date :||March 2013|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||March 2014|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||December 2014|
Healthy inhabitants of the city of Saint-Etienne, France, and aged 65 years at the inclusion date. (NCT00759304)
Other: Dermatological clinical examination
Clinical pictures, Dermatoscopy, Elastography, Sebumetry
Skin biopsy for examinations by confocal microscopy ex vivo and histopathology
Other: Confocal microscopy in vivo
Examination by confocal microscopy in vivo
- SCINEXA score [ Time Frame: Day 1 ]The aging of the skin is evaluated by a semi-quantitative composite of 19 clinical variables : the score SCINEXA
- in vivo confocal microscopy [ Time Frame: Day 1 ]Skin aging evaluated by in vivo confocal microscopy
- ex vivo confocal microscopy [ Time Frame: Day 1 ]Skin aging evaluated by ex vivo confocal microscopy ( thickness of the epidermis with and without the stratum corneum, dermis thickness , number of sweat glands per unit volume).
- histology [ Time Frame: Day 1 ]Skin aging evaluated by conventional histology (thickness of the epidermis and dermis, presence and degree of elastosis , flattening of the dermo- epidermal junction)
- RAMAN [ Time Frame: Day 1 ]The composition of subcutaneous fat measured by ex vivo RAMAN spectroscopy
Biospecimen Retention: Samples Without DNA
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT02104960
|CHU de Saint-Etienne|
|Saint-etienne, France, 42000|
|Principal Investigator:||Elisa CINOTTI, MD||CHU de Saint-Etienne|