Transpulmonary Thermodilution Measurements in Patients With Heart Diseases
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02035007|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : January 14, 2014
Last Update Posted : June 26, 2015
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Heart Diseases||Device: PiCCO Catheter (Pulsiocath 5F)||Phase 4|
- How do PiCCO and PAC (pulmonary artery catheter) derived hemodynamic variables change in different cardiac pathologies?
- How do PiCCO hemodynamic variables compare to transthoracic echocardiographic parameters in different cardiac pathologies?
- How does GEDV (global enddiastolic volume) correlate with left ventricles end-diastolic volume (LVEDV) assessed by LV (left ventricle) ventriculography and echocardiography?
- How do PiCCO cardiac function variables (GEF [global ejection fraction]; CFI [cardiac function index]) correlate with LV dP/dt max, LVEF (left ventricular ejection fraction) assessed by LV ventriculography and echocardiography, LVFAC (left ventricular fractional area of change), LV stroke work index (LVSWI) and cardiac power (CP)?
- How does GEDV compare to LVEDV and left ventricular end-diastolic pressure (LVEDP) as assessed by the pulmonary artery occlusion pressure (PAOP)?
- How does right ventricular function influence GEDV, GEF and CFI?
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||70 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Transpulmonary Thermodilution Measurements in Patients With Heart Diseases|
|Study Start Date :||July 2009|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||December 2014|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||December 2014|
Experimental: LV-EF > 50%
PiCCO catheter analysis of patients with coronary heart disease without impaired left ventricular function [LV-EF > 50%]
Device: PiCCO Catheter (Pulsiocath 5F)
Measuring of PiCCO derived values
Other Name: Pulsiocath 5F, Pulsion Medical Systems, Munich, Germany
- Cardiac Output, Preload values (GEDV) [ Time Frame: Day 1 only ]Outcome measure is obtained during PiCCO measurement and left/right heart catherization, respectively ("point-of-care" measurement). There is no follow-up examination thereafter.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT02035007
|Medical Intensive Care Unit, University Hospital of Zurich|
|Zurich, Switzerland, 8091|
|Principal Investigator:||Marco Maggiorini, Prof MD||University Hospital Zurich, Medical Intensive Care Unit|