The Effect of Daily Tamsulosin 0.2mg Administration on Renal Function in Patients With Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02033798|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified January 2014 by Seung-Ju Lee, The Catholic University of Korea.
Recruitment status was: Not yet recruiting
First Posted : January 13, 2014
Last Update Posted : January 17, 2014
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Chronic Kidney Failure Prostatic Hyperplasia||Drug: Tamsulosin||Not Applicable|
Urodynamic parameters including maximal flow rate, compliance (infused volume gradient divided by bladder pressure gradient during cystometry), maximal detrusor pressure, bladder outlet obstruction index and Schäfer grade will be checked.
Estimated glomerular filtration rate and urinary protein to creatinine ratio will be checked.
International prostate symptom score will be checked.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||34 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Impact of Medical Treatment for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia on Chronic Renal Failure|
|Study Start Date :||February 2014|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||January 2016|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||June 2016|
The dosage form of Tamsulosin is tablet, dosage is 0.2mg, frequency is once daily and duration is 6 months.
Once Daily 0.2mg per oral for 6 months
- Maximal flow rate [ Time Frame: 6 months ]This parameter can be obtained from urodynamic study.
- Maximal detrusor pressure [ Time Frame: 6 months ]This parameter can be obtained from urodynamic study.
- Bladder outlet obstruction index [ Time Frame: 6 months ]This parameter can be obtained from urodynamic study.
- schäfer grade [ Time Frame: 6 months ]This parameter can be obtained from urodynamic study.
- Compliance [ Time Frame: 6 months ]This parameter can be obtained from urodynamic study.
- Estimated glomerular filtration rate [ Time Frame: 6 months ]
- Urinary protein to creatinine ratio [ Time Frame: 6 months ]
- International prostate symptom score [ Time Frame: 6 months ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT02033798
|Contact: Seung-Ju Lee, MD, PhDfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Dong Sup Lee, MD, PhDemail@example.com|
|Korea, Republic of|
|St. Vincent's Hospital|
|Suwon, Gyeonggi-do, Korea, Republic of, 442-723|
|Contact: Seung-Ju Lee Lee, MD, PhD 82-31-249-8305 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Study Chair:||Seung-Ju Lee, MD, PhD||The Catholic University of Korea|
|Principal Investigator:||Dong Sup Lee, MD, PhD||The Catholic University of Korea|