Mobile Phone Multimedia Messaging Intervention for Breast Cancer Screening
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01972048|
Recruitment Status : Withdrawn (PI Left University)
First Posted : October 30, 2013
Last Update Posted : January 26, 2018
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Breast Cancer||Behavioral: mMammogram Other: Print brochure||Not Applicable|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||0 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Mobile Phone Multimedia Messaging Intervention for Breast Cancer Screening: Intervention Phase|
|Study Start Date :||January 2014|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||March 2016|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||May 2016|
Active Comparator: Control group
Participants in the control group will receive the mailed print brochure about breast cancer screening and community resources.
Other: Print brochure
Mailed print brochure about breast cancer screening and community resources.
Experimental: Intervention group
Participants will receive the mMammogram intervention.
Text messages delivered via mobile app to participants designed to inform them about breast cancer screening and encourage them to schedule a mammogram.
- Mammogram receipt [ Time Frame: 1 week ]The receipt of mammogram (or scheduled appointment) will be measured by self-report.
- Breast cancer knowledge [ Time Frame: 1 week ]Breast cancer knowledge will be measured by means of McCance, Mooney and Smith's ten-item "Breast Cancer Knowledge" test.
- Breast cancer health beliefs [ Time Frame: 1 week ]Change in health beliefs will be measured using Champion's Health Belief Model scales.
- Culture specific attitudes toward breast cancer [ Time Frame: 1 week ]Culture-specific attitudes toward breast cancer screening, such as modesty, will be measured utilizing six items from Tang and colleagues and fatalistic attitudes toward breast cancer will be measured by means of three items from Taylor and colleagues.
- Participant intent to undergo screening [ Time Frame: 1 week ]We will measure participant intent to undergo screening by use of an adapted version of the transtheoretical model.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01972048
|United States, Minnesota|
|University of Minnesota Masonic Cancer Center|
|Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, 55455|
|Principal Investigator:||Hee Y Lee, PhD||University of Minnesota - Clinical and Translational Science Institute|