Evaluation of the Nutrients Composition of Breast Milk of Chinese Lactating Mothers and Their Nutrition Intake (MING)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01971671|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : October 29, 2013
Last Update Posted : October 29, 2013
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Focus of Study is Healthy Chinese Lactating Mother 0-270 Days||Other: no intervention.|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||560 participants|
|Official Title:||Evaluation of the Nutrients Composition of Breast Milk of Chinese Lactating Mothers and Nutrition Intake of Chinese Pregnant and Lactating Mothers, Infants and Young Children|
|Study Start Date :||August 2011|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||January 2012|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||January 2012|
Chinese lactating mother
|Other: no intervention.|
- Primary outcome is the macronutrient composition of breast milk in Chinese lactating mothers from 0 to 270 days after delivery. [ Time Frame: 0-270 days after delivery ]Macronutrient composition includes calories (kcal/ml), total protein, fat and carbohydrate (lactose) content in breast milk.
- Other nutrient composition in breast milk of 0-270 days after delivery. [ Time Frame: 0-270 days after delivery. ]Beside macronutrient composition, all major minerals, vitamins will be analyzed. In addition, functional compounds, such as human milk oligosaccharides (HMOs), total/free amino acids, lipid profiles, and microbiota, will be analyzed as well.
- Dietary pattern of lactating mothers of 0-270 days after delivery. [ Time Frame: 0-270 days after delivery. ]A one-time standardized 24-hour food recall survey, is utilized to access dietary pattern of subjects.
- Nutrients intake and adequacy of lactating mothers of 0-270 days after delivery. [ Time Frame: 0-270 days after delivery ]A one-time standardized 24-hour food recall survey, is utilized to access nutrient intakes and adequacy (by comparing existing local and international RDAs and DRIs databases).
- Nutrition supplements intake status of lactating mothers of 0-270 days after delivery. [ Time Frame: 0-270 days after delivery. ]A one-time food frequency questionnaire (FFQ), designed to access nutritional supplement usage, is being utilized.
Biospecimen Retention: Samples Without DNA
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01971671
|Health Science Center, Peking University|
|Beijing, Beijing, China, 100191|