Comparison of Human Embryo Development Using Sequential and Single Media With Time-lapse Imaging
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01939626|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : September 11, 2013
Last Update Posted : December 3, 2018
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Infertility||Device: Single-step medium||Not Applicable|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||128 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Primary Purpose:||Basic Science|
|Official Title:||Comparison of Human Embryonic Development Using Sequential and Single Media in IVF Monitored by Time-lapse Imaging.|
|Actual Study Start Date :||September 2013|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||February 2014|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||February 2014|
Experimental: Single-step medium
embryos will be cultured in a single-step medium for 5 days with no change
Device: Single-step medium
This medium will allow in vitro culture of human embryos for 5/6 days
- Percentage of good quality blastocysts [ Time Frame: 5 days of in vitro embryo culture ]A cohort of human embryos will be divided into two different media. The ability of the media to support human embryo development will be determined using the standard assessment of the percentage of embryos that achieve a defined embryo grade.
- Biochemical pregnancy rate [ Time Frame: within one month following embryo transferllowing embryo transfer ]Percentage of embryo transfers that lead to a recorded pregnancy.
- Implantation rate [ Time Frame: Within 3 months following embryo transfer ]Percentage of embryos transferred that implant into the uterus by evidence of a fetal sac under ultrasound.
- On going pregnancy rate [ Time Frame: within 6 months following embryo transfer ]Percentage of embryo transfers that lead to a recorded sustained pregnancy beyond 12 weeks.
- Live birth rate [ Time Frame: within 12 months following embryo transfer ]Percentage of embryo transfers that lead to a live birth.
- Birth weight [ Time Frame: within 12 months following embryo transfer ]Birth weight will be measured in grams.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01939626
|United States, California|
|Pacific Fertility Center|
|San Francisco, California, United States, 94133|
|United States, Texas|
|Frisco, Texas, United States, 75034|
|Goteburg, Sweden, 40229|
|Skanes University Hospital|
|Malmo, Sweden, 20502|
|Principal Investigator:||Thorir Hardarson, PhD||Fertilitetscentrum AB|