Relaxation Guided Imagery for Treatment of Pain in Parkinson's Disease
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01865097|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified November 2014 by Dr. Ilana Schlesinger, Rambam Health Care Campus.
Recruitment status was: Enrolling by invitation
First Posted : May 30, 2013
Last Update Posted : November 6, 2014
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Parkinson's Disease||Behavioral: Relaxation guided imagery Behavioral: Relaxing music||Phase 1|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||50 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||Single (Outcomes Assessor)|
|Official Title:||Pilot Study of Relaxation Guided Imagery for Treatment of Pain in Parkinson's Disease|
|Study Start Date :||June 2013|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||December 2015|
|Experimental: Relaxation guided imagery||
Behavioral: Relaxation guided imagery
An individualized relaxation guided imagery session will be conducted. After the session patients will be given a CD with the relaxation guided imagery and asked to listen to it at home.
|Active Comparator: Relaxing music||
Behavioral: Relaxing music
An individualized session of listening to relaxing music will be conducted. After the session patients will be given a CD with the relaxing music and asked to listen to it at home.
- Pain scores on the visual analog scale [ Time Frame: 6 weeks ]Numeric rating scale after relaxation guided imagery as compared with baseline
- The brief Pain Inventory [ Time Frame: 6 weeks ]The brief Pain Inventory after relaxation guided imagery as compared with baseline
- Health status measured by Parkinson's Disease Questionnaire 39(PDQ39) [ Time Frame: 6 weeks ]PDQ39 after relaxation guided imagery as compared with baseline
- Depression scores on Beck Depression Inventory (BDI) [ Time Frame: 6 weeeks ]BDI after relaxation guided imagery as compared with baseline
- Non-motor symptom screening questionaire [ Time Frame: 6 weeks ]Non-motor symptom screening questionaire after relaxation guided imagery as compared with baseline
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01865097
|Principal Investigator:||Ilana Schlesinger, M.D.||Rambam Health Care Campus, Haifa, Israel|