Sorafenib and Temsirolimus in Treating Patients With Metastatic, Recurrent, or Unresectable Melanoma
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01851408|
Recruitment Status : Withdrawn (No progression of Phase 1 trial to Phase 2.)
First Posted : May 10, 2013
Last Update Posted : April 15, 2015
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Melanoma Recurrent Melanoma Stage III Melanoma Stage IV Melanoma||Drug: sorafenib tosylate Drug: temsirolimus||Phase 2|
- To evaluate the clinical activity, in terms of overall response rate (complete and partial response), of this regimen in these patients. (Phase II)
- To evaluate the in vivo biological activity of this regimen in these patients.
I. To determine the progression-free survival and overall survival of patients treated with this regimen.
II. To determine the safety and toxicity of this regimen in these patients.
III. To Determine the population pharmacokinetics of this regimen in these patients.
IV. To correlate tumor and blood biomarkers with clinical outcome in patients treated with this regimen.
OUTLINE: Upon completion of the multicenter, phase I, dose-escalation study followed to be followed by this phase II, open-label study.
Patients receive temsirolimus IV over 30 minutes on days 1, 8, 15, and 22 and oral sorafenib once or twice daily on days 1-28. Treatment course repeats every 28 days for up to 6 courses in the absence of disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
After completion of study treatment, patients are followed every 3-6 months.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||0 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Phase 2 Study of the Combination of BAY 43-9006 (Sorafenib) and CCI-779 (Temsirolimus) in Patients With Metastatic Melanoma|
|Study Start Date :||April 2006|
|Primary Completion Date :||February 2012|
|Study Completion Date :||February 2012|
U.S. FDA Resources
Experimental: Temsirolimus + Sorafenib
Temsirolimus intravenous (IV) over 30 minutes on days 1, 8,15, and 22 and oral sorafenib once or twice daily on days 1-28.
Drug: sorafenib tosylate
Other Names:Drug: temsirolimus
- Objective response rate (complete response and partial response) CCI-779 in combination with BAY43-9006 [ Time Frame: Up to 5 years ]
- Progression-free survival [ Time Frame: The duration of time from start of treatment to date of first evidence of progression or the date of last follow-up for patients who do not progress, assessed up to 5 years ]Kaplan-Meier life table methods and Cox proportional hazards regression modeling will be utilized to analyze progression-free survival and overall survival.
- Overall survival [ Time Frame: 5 years ]Kaplan-Meier life table methods and Cox proportional hazards regression modeling will be utilized to analyze progression-free survival and overall survival.
- Noncompartmental pharmacokinetic parameters of BAY43-9006 and CCI-779 estimated using a validated commercial software [ Time Frame: Week 1 and 3 ]Maximum concentration (Cmax) and time to Cmax (tmax) will be the observed values. Area under the plasma concentration-time curve from zero to last observable time (AUClast).
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01851408
|Principal Investigator:||Kevin Kim||M.D. Anderson Cancer Center|