The First Jordanian PCI Registry: Events at 1 Year (JoPCR1)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01841346|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : April 26, 2013
Last Update Posted : January 10, 2017
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Percutaneous Coronary Intervention||Procedure: Procedure: PCI|
- Voluntary registry of consecutive patients undergoing Percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI).
- Patients will be treated according to the treating cardiologists' discretion. No randomization of any medication or stent.
- Baseline data on admission will be collected (cardiovascular risk factors, blood lipids, ect).
- PCI procedure details and complications will be documented during the index admission.
- Outcome events (death, MI, revascularization, stent thrombosis) will be evaluated at 1, 6, and 12 months by clinic visits or phone calls.
|Study Type :||Observational [Patient Registry]|
|Actual Enrollment :||2000 participants|
|Target Follow-Up Duration:||1 Year|
|Official Title:||The First Jordanian Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI) Registry|
|Study Start Date :||March 2013|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||February 2015|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||February 2015|
Patients undergoing PCI for elective or ACS will be enrolled.
Procedure: Procedure: PCI
Other Name: PCI (percutaneous coronary intervention)will be performed according to cardiologists discretion, with no randomization of stent types or medications.
- Cardiovascular mortality [ Time Frame: 1 year ]All cases of deaths from cardiovascular causes will be counted at 1 year.
- Admission for urgent coronary revascularization [ Time Frame: 1 year ]All events of hospital readmission for repeat coronary intervention for acute coronary syndrome from the time of discharge from hospital up to 1 year will be documented.
- Stent thrombosis [ Time Frame: 1 year ]All cases of definite/probable/possible stent thrombosis will be documented from the time of stent implantation during the index admission to 1 year.
- Baseline risk factors and outcome after 1 year [ Time Frame: 1 year ]Several factors at baseline will be evaluated as potential contributors to adverse outcome after one year, including: age, gender, renal impairment, heart failure, CRUSADE bleeding risc score, GRACE risk score, diabetes, multiple risk factors, BMI, and smoking.
- Adherence to guidelines in patients undergoing PCI [ Time Frame: 1 year ]Using medications (statins, antiplatelets, ACI inhibitors/ARBs, B blockers, etc),and diagnostic and interventional procedures, and reaching target parameters (LDL cholesterol and HbA1c) according to the published guidelines will be evaluated.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01841346
|Amman, Jordan, 11954|