Using Technology to Improve Physical Activity Levels Among Postmenopausal Women (The Active & Aware Study)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01837147|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : April 23, 2013
Last Update Posted : February 7, 2020
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Breast Cancer||Behavioral: Technology-Based Physical Activity Promotion Behavioral: Pedometer Intervention||Not Applicable|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||51 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Using Technology to Promote Activity in Women at Elevated Breast Cancer Risk|
|Actual Study Start Date :||April 2013|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||October 2014|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||October 2014|
Experimental: Web-based Tracking Group
Technology-Based Physical Activity Promotion
Behavioral: Technology-Based Physical Activity Promotion
Participants assigned to this group will use a web-integrated physical activity monitor, and accompanying website, to improve their physical activity levels.
Active Comparator: Pedometer Group
Participants assigned to this group will receive a pedometer.
Behavioral: Pedometer Intervention
Participants assigned to this group will receive a pedometer and be trained in its use.
- Change in objectively-measured physical activity [ Time Frame: Baseline to 16 weeks ]Assessed using ActiGraph.
- Self-reported physical activity [ Time Frame: Baseline to 16 weeks ]Assessed using questionnaires.
- Body weight (kg) [ Time Frame: Baseline to 16 weeks ]Measured in clinic.
- Uptake of technology-based intervention components [ Time Frame: During 16-week intervention ]To be assessed via data downloaded from the website used in this study.
- Quality of life [ Time Frame: Baseline to 16 weeks ]To be assessed via self-report questionnaire.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01837147
|United States, California|
|Moores UCSD Cancer Center|
|La Jolla, California, United States, 92093|
|Principal Investigator:||Lisa A Cadmus-Bertram, PhD||University of California, San Diego|