a Trial of Using SMS Reminder Among Diabetic Retinopathy Patients in Rural China (SMS)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01837121|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : April 22, 2013
Last Update Posted : January 9, 2018
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Compliance Diabetic Retinopathy SMS||Other: the SMS reminder message||Not Applicable|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||237 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||Double (Care Provider, Outcomes Assessor)|
|Primary Purpose:||Health Services Research|
|Official Title:||a Randomized Controlled Trail to Determine the Impact of a SMS Reminder Among Diabetic Retinopathy Patients in Rural China|
|Actual Study Start Date :||January 2015|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||June 2017|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||June 2017|
the SMS group
the diabetic retinopathy patient in the SMS group will receive a SMS reminder message about the revisit time,address 1 week and 3 day before the appointment.
Other: the SMS reminder message
the SMS reminder message will sent to the SMS group patients 1 week and 3 day before there appointment,to remind them the exact time and address of the revisit appointment.
No Intervention: the control group
the diabetic retinopathy patient in the control group won't get any reminder message before the appointment.
- Not-attended rate [ Time Frame: up to 1.5 years ]Compare the SMS patient not-attended rate with the control group to show the impact of SMS reminder on the compliance with scheduled follow-up visit
- Knowledge about Diabetic retinopathy on a standardized examination [ Time Frame: up to 1.5 years ]Using a questionnaire about the comprehensive eye exam and Diabetic retinopathy to compare Knowledge about Diabetic retinopathy on a standardized examination between the SMS group and the control group
- Presenting vision [ Time Frame: up to 1.5 years ]Presenting vision(Best corrected visual acuity) in the better-seeing and worse-seeing eyes of the two group
- Loss of presenting vision [ Time Frame: up to 1.5 years ]Loss of presenting vision(Best corrected visual acuity) in better-seeing eye thought due to Diabetic retinopathy
- Satisfaction with care [ Time Frame: up tp 1.5 years ]Using a patient satisfaction questionnaire to compare satisfaction with care between the SMS group and the control group
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01837121
|Blindness Preventment and Treatment Department, Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center|
|Guangzhou, Guangdong, China, 510060|
|Study Director:||Nathan G Congdon, MD,MPH||Blindness Prevention and Treament Department,Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center|