Suspension of Mechanical Ventilation in Ureteroscopic Lithotripsy Under General Anesthesia
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01835600|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified April 2013 by Yi Zhou, Chinese Medical Association.
Recruitment status was: Not yet recruiting
First Posted : April 19, 2013
Last Update Posted : April 19, 2013
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Hypercapnia Hypoxia||Other: PEEP||Not Applicable|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||150 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Primary Purpose:||Supportive Care|
|Study Start Date :||April 2013|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||September 2013|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||November 2013|
Active Comparator: with PEEP
10 cmH2O PEEP added to the respiratory curcuit during suspension of mechanical ventilation
PEEP means that when mechanical ventilation is suspended, the value of expiratory valve in the anesthesia machine is set at 10 cmH2O with 1 L/min 100% oxygen.
Other Name: positive end-expiratory pressure
Placebo Comparator: without PEEP
0 cmH2O PEEP added to the respiratory curcuit during suspension of mechanical ventilation
- change in blood gas [ Time Frame: Baseline before suspension of ventilation, 5 min after suspension, 10 min after suspension, 15 min after suspension, 5 min after re-ventilaiton, 10 min after re-ventilation ]we chose different time points to mesure the changes in blood gas.
- Change in systolic blood pressure [ Time Frame: Baseline before suspension of ventilation, 5 min after suspension, 10 min after suspension, 15 min after suspension, 5 min after re-ventilaiton, 10 min after re-ventilation ]we chose different time points to mesure the changes in systolic blood pressure
- duration of the operation [ Time Frame: from the start of the surgery to the end of the surgery ]We record the duration of the operation
- recovery time [ Time Frame: from the end of anesthesia to return of consciousness ]We record how long it will take for the patients to act accoreding to our order after ceasing anesthesia.
- intraoperative awareness [ Time Frame: from the initiation of anesthesia to the end of the surgery ]We will record if patinets have any memory during the operative, namely intraoperatiove awareness.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01835600
|Yi Zhou||Active, not recruiting|
|Shanghai, Shanghai, China, 200433|