Efficacy and Safety Comparing 5% Monoxidil Milky Lotion Versus 5% Minoxidil Solution in Androgenetic Alopecia
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01650272|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified July 2012 by Rattapon Thuangtong, Siriraj Hospital.
Recruitment status was: Recruiting
First Posted : July 26, 2012
Last Update Posted : July 26, 2012
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Objective (Goal) Self-Assessment Adverse Effects||Drug: 5% MInoxidil milky lotion Drug: 5% Minoxidil solution||Phase 1 Phase 2|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||20 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||Single (Outcomes Assessor)|
|Official Title:||An Efficacy and Safety Pilot Study Comparing 5% Monoxidil Milky Lotion Versus 5% Minoxidil Solution in Treatment of AGA|
|Study Start Date :||June 2012|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||February 2013|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||April 2013|
Experimental: 5%Minoxidil solution
This arm AGA patient receive 5%Minoxidil solution ( Propylene glycol solvent ) to use for 6 month.
Record efficacy and safety as described.
Drug: 5% Minoxidil solution
Patient receive 5% Minoxidil solution (Propylene glycol solvent )
Experimental: 5%Minoxidil milky lotion
This arm AGA patient receive 5%Minoxidil milky lotion to use for 6 month. Record efficacy and safety as described.
Drug: 5% MInoxidil milky lotion
Patient receive 5% MInoxidil milky lotion (Butylene glycol solvent)
- Efficacy of 5%Minoxidil milky lotion compare to 5%Minoxidil solution [ Time Frame: 6 month ]
Target area hair evaluation
- Hair density (Digital image, DinoLite pro)
- Hair diameter (Electronic outside micrometer)
- Hair count vellus/ non-vellus ratio
- Global photographic review (by 2 Experienced Dermatologist)
- Patient self evaluation ( 7point scale )
- Side effect of topical minoxidil [ Time Frame: 6 month ]Record side effect such as Erythema, Dryness, Pruritus, Scaling, etc.
- Weight of topical minoxidil milky lotion / minoxidil lotion [ Time Frame: 6 month ]Measure weight of topical minoxidil milky lotion / minoxidil lotion to confirm using of patient
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01650272
|Contact: Rattapon Thuangtong, MD||+662 email@example.com|
|Contact: Kanchalit Thanomkitti, MD, PhD||+668 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Bangkok, Thailand, 10700|
|Contact: Kanchalit Thanomkitti, MD +668 9529 0298 email@example.com|
|Principal Investigator: Rattapon Thuangtong,, MD|
|Principal Investigator:||Rattapon Thuangtong, MD||Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University|