To Investigate the Prevalence of Children Asthma in China
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01319292|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : March 21, 2011
Last Update Posted : August 4, 2014
Asthma is the most common chronic respiratory disease in children and has much effect on their life and study, which leads to huge economic burden and pressure to the whole families. Some children will develop into adult patients so that asthma can be the life-long vigorous trouble. In recent years, the prevalence rate of children asthma is increasingly going up worldwide. The prevalence rate in last 12 months reported in USA, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand was between 12% to 30%.
Center for Asthma Prevention and Education of Capital Institute of Pediatrics investigated the national asthma prevalence in 900 thousands children in 27 provinces and cities, which average rate was 0.11% to 2.03% in 1990. In 2000, we investigated it again in 31 provinces(43 cities) and the average national children asthma prevalence rate was 1.97%(0.25% to 4.63%) which was much higher than that in 1990.
|Condition or disease|
- To investigate the national children(0-14 years old)asthma prevalence;
- To compare the prevalence rate between that in 1990 and 2000;
- To analyse the asthma manifestations including the ages, seasons, causes, trigger and hereditary factors and their impact on the asthma patients, families and society;
- To identify the risk factors by questionnaires in case-control research.
Study Design / Clinical Plan
- The screening stage: to distinguish suspected asthma from the children age from 0 to 14 years old.
- To obtain identified asthma from the suspected asthma.
- To evaluate the prevalence and severe degree of 0 to 14-year-old children asthma and gain the main risk factors by case-control research.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||20000 participants|
|Observational Model:||Ecologic or Community|
|Official Title:||To Investigate the Prevalence of Children Asthma in China and Compare With That of the Last 20 Years|
|Study Start Date :||April 2011|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||April 2013|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||April 2014|
children with asthma symptoms through screening
children without symptoms of asthma
- prevalence of asthma [ Time Frame: Apr 2013 ]
- prevalence of allergic rhinitis [ Time Frame: Apr 2013 ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01319292
|Study Chair:||YuZhi Chen, professor||Capital Institute of Pediatrics, China|