Clinical Test for Transtek Glass Body Analyzer (GBA)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01296048|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : February 15, 2011
Last Update Posted : December 23, 2011
The clinical protocol of the clinical testing of this device:
- Objective of the test: To verify the functions and efficiency of devices.
- Test methods and procedures: Comparison Test.
- DUT: Transtek Glass Body Analyzer, Model: GBF-830, GBF-835, GBF-950, and SA-15.
- Comparison device: Scaleman Body Fat Scales, FS-148BW1 (Predicate Device).
- Study endpoints: Transtek devices and the predicate device are substantial equivalence.
- Statistical methodology used: Description of statistical methods.
- Result: Efficiencies of Transtek devices and predicate device are in the same level.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Weight Body Fat Disorder Bone Mass||Device: Comparison test|
Hospital Information The data was collected by West China Medical College Clinical Investigator Team at Wuhou District Hospital, No. 9 Tongzilin Road, Wuhou District, Chengdu 610041, P. R. China.
Investigator: Catharine Zhang, Nurse A; Vivian Luo, Nurse B; Dr. James Zhu, Sponsor.
Contact Dr. James Zhu Tel: +86 1330 8036568 Used Equipments DUT (Device Under Test): Transtek Glass Body Analyzer, GBF-830, GBF-835, GBF-950, and SA-15.
Reference Device: Scaleman Body Fat Scales, FS-148BW1 (Predicate Device). Test Protocol
The aim of clinical test is to collect weight, body fat, total body water, bone mass, and muscle mass reading value which measured by DUT and reference device.
Note: GBF-835 has not total body water, bone mass, and muscle mass functions. So it just collects weight and body fat data.
The subject database shall contain at least 25 male and 25 female subjects and all above 18 years old. Patient's population analysis is bellow.
- Test procedures 1) Record the name, age, gender, and height of each subject. 2) Let subject seated calmly for two minutes before test, dry the feet. 3) Use device to measure weight, body fat, total body water, bone mass, and muscle mass; record reading value.
4) For each subject, repeat 3) to get 3 pairs measurements. 5) Repeat step 1) to 4) for every device (DUT: GBF-830, GBF-835, GBF-950, and SA-15; and reference device: FS-148BW1).
6) Repeat step 1) to 5) for each subject. 5. Note:
- No motion and speaking are allowed during the measurement.
- All DUT use the same algorithms, have the same number of electrodes and contact the patient at the same body locations (feet), and operate on the same frequency.
- Test environment: Temperature: 20±1℃; Relative humidity: 40~50%.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||74 participants|
|Official Title:||Verify the Functions and Efficiency of Transtek Glass Body Analyzer, GBF-830, GBF-835, GBF-950, SA-15|
|Study Start Date :||November 2010|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||December 2010|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||December 2010|
Device: Comparison test
Scaleman Body Fat Scales, FS-148BW1, accuracy: ±0.1kg and range: 0-180kg.
- Verify the accuracy of measure functions of device [ Time Frame: 10 days ]Verify the functions and efficiency of these devices compare with a specified product.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01296048
|Wuhou District Hospital|
|Chengdu, Sichuan, China, 610041|
|Principal Investigator:||Guoqing Li, Director||Wuhou District Hospital|