Study of Sleep and Delirium in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) (SID)
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01280097|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : January 20, 2011
Last Update Posted : July 15, 2015
|Condition or disease|
|Delirium Sleep Disorders, Circadian Rhythm|
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||57 participants|
|Official Title:||Sleep Disruption and ICU Delirium: Delirium Assessment and Monitoring Combined With the Evaluation of Sleep Using the Sedline Brain Function Monitor.|
|Study Start Date :||December 2010|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||November 2012|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||November 2012|
Prospective cohort study
- ICU delirium [ Time Frame: Daily measurement during study ]ICU delirium will be measured using the CAM-ICU. This measurement will be done twice daily.
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU) length of stay [ Time Frame: Assessed at discharge from ICU ]The day of admission to the ICU until the day of discharge from the ICU.
- Hospital Length of Stay [ Time Frame: Assesses at discharge from hospital ]This is the persons length of stay in the hospital, from admission date until discharge date.
- ICU mortality [ Time Frame: Assessed at discharge from ICU ]We will collect data on mortality during the stay in the Intensive Care Unit
- Hospital mortality [ Time Frame: Assessed at discharge from hospital ]We will assess the mortality during the hospital stay.
- One year mortality [ Time Frame: Assessed at 1 year from admission to hospital ]We will assess mortality at one year from hospital admission.
Biospecimen Retention: Samples With DNA
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01280097
|United States, California|
|University of California, San Francisco|
|San Francisco, California, United States, 94143-0648|
|Principal Investigator:||Jacqueline M Leung, MD||University of California, San Francisco|