Biomarkers of Response to Taxotere in HRPC. ICORG 08-08, V2
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01160705|
Recruitment Status : Active, not recruiting
First Posted : July 12, 2010
Last Update Posted : August 1, 2019
RATIONALE: Studying samples of blood from patients with cancer in the laboratory may help doctors learn more about changes that occur in DNA and identify biomarkers related to cancer. It may also help doctors predict how patients will respond to treatment.
PURPOSE: This clinical trial is studying blood samples in predicting how patients with prostate cancer will respond to treatment with docetaxel.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
|Metastatic Cancer Prostate Cancer||Drug: docetaxel Genetic: RNA analysis Genetic: reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction Other: circulating tumor cell analysis Other: laboratory biomarker analysis|
- To determine if mRNA present in circulating tumor cells will help predict response in patients with hormone-refractory prostate cancer treated with docetaxel.
- In parallel with this, based on discoveries made since our protocol was initially submitted to ICORG, here we also propose to analyse serum specimens from these consenting patients for the presence of EC miRNA, mRNA and protein predictive of response to Taxotere.
- To develop a predictive model based on the most accurate and sensitive combination of these biomarkers.
OUTLINE: This is a multicenter study.
All patients will be treated with Docetaxel on a weekly, biweekly or three weekly schedule, dose and schedule at the discretion of the treating physician.
Blood samples are collected for biomarker laboratory studies at baseline, every 3-4 weeks during study, and at disease progression or every 12 weeks after completion of study. Samples are analyzed for mRNA via RT-PCR.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||43 participants|
|Official Title:||Biomarkers of Response to Taxotere in Hormone-Refractory Prostate Cancer|
|Study Start Date :||November 2009|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||September 19, 2017|
- Presence of mRNA in circulating tumor cells as a predictor of response [ Time Frame: ongoing ]
- Development of a predictive model [ Time Frame: End of trial ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT01160705
|Adelaide and Meath Hospital, Dublin Incorporating the National Children's Hospital|
|Dublin, Ireland, 24|
|Mater Misericordiae University Hospital|
|Dublin, Ireland, 7|
|St. James's Hospital|
|Dublin, Ireland, 8|
|Dublin, Ireland, 9|
|Mater Private Hospital|
|Principal Investigator:||Ray McDermott, MD||Adelaide and Meath Hospital, Dublin Incorporating the National Children's Hospital|