Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) Treatment in Women and Men Experiencing Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00916396|
Recruitment Status : Unknown
Verified November 2009 by Tel-Aviv Sourasky Medical Center.
Recruitment status was: Recruiting
First Posted : June 9, 2009
Last Update Posted : December 1, 2009
- Study Details
- Tabular View
- No Results Posted
- How to Read a Study Record
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder||Drug: Dehydroepiandrosterone Drug: placebo||Not Applicable|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Estimated Enrollment :||50 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Masking:||Triple (Participant, Care Provider, Investigator)|
|Official Title:||Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) Treatment in Women and Men Experiencing Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: Modulation of Sexual Libido by Androgens and Neurosteroids|
|Study Start Date :||June 2005|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date :||January 2011|
|Estimated Study Completion Date :||December 2011|
|Active Comparator: real drug||
100 mg of DHEA a day (50 mg twice a day) for six weeks
Other Name: DHEA
|Placebo Comparator: placebo||
100 mg of Placebo a day (50 mg twice a day) for six weeks
- blood and urine tests [ Time Frame: beginning of treatment, and after six weeks of treatment. ]
Choosing to participate in a study is an important personal decision. Talk with your doctor and family members or friends about deciding to join a study. To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contacts provided below. For general information, Learn About Clinical Studies.
|Ages Eligible for Study:||18 Years to 65 Years (Adult, Older Adult)|
|Sexes Eligible for Study:||All|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers:||No|
- Woman participating in the research will be in the menopausal phase or after it (above a year in postmenopause)aged 65 and below. Man age range will be 18 - 65.
- Individuals suffering from a significant systemic illness, hormonal illness, alcoholism, drug abuse, major depression, "Mano/matroagia" or hypogonadism. Additionally, individuals treated with androgens, antidepressant or any other medication which may cause a disorder in sexual desire.
- Man diagnosed as suffering from prostate carcinoma, BHP or will show PSA levels above 2.5 will not be included.
- Woman treated with HRT or suffering from any of the following diseases will not be included: breast carcinoma, ovarian or uterus cancer or with a first grade family history of one of the mentioned.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00916396
|Tel Aviv Aviv Medical Center||Recruiting|
|Tel Aviv, Israel|
|Contact: Miki Bloch, MD 972-3-6974707 email@example.com|
|Principal Investigator:||Miki Bloch, MD||Tel-Aviv Sourasky Medical Center|
|Responsible Party:||Dr. Miki Bloch, Tel Aviv medical center|
|Other Study ID Numbers:||
|First Posted:||June 9, 2009 Key Record Dates|
|Last Update Posted:||December 1, 2009|
|Last Verified:||November 2009|
Sexual Dysfunctions, Psychological
Nervous System Diseases
Physiological Effects of Drugs