SWOG-9245 Collecting and Storing Tissue Samples From Patients With Relapsed or Recurrent Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma After Treatment on a Southwest Oncology Group Clinical Trial
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00898872|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : May 12, 2009
Last Update Posted : May 20, 2013
RATIONALE: Collecting and storing samples of tissue from patients with non-Hodgkin lymphoma to study in the laboratory may help the study of cancer in the future.
PURPOSE: This laboratory study is collecting and storing tissue samples from patients with relapsed or recurrent non-Hodgkin lymphoma after treatment on a Southwest Oncology Group (SWOG) clinical trial.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment|
- Acquire fresh snap-frozen lymphoma tissue from patients with relapsed or recurrent non-Hodgkin lymphoma after treatment on a Southwest Oncology Group (SWOG) clinical trial.
- Establish a standard set of procedures for routine acquisition, banking, and study of lymphoma tissues within the SWOG.
- Use repository tissue to establish clinical correlations via presently activated phenotyping studies and future projected molecular studies assessing specimen DNA and RNA status.
- Examine the biology of therapy failure in relationship to changes in pretreatment and post-treatment immunophenotypic data.
OUTLINE: This is a multicenter study.
Tissues collected at biopsy are snap-frozen and archived for future molecular and genetic studies.
PROJECTED ACCRUAL: Not specified
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||32 participants|
|Official Title:||Central Lymphoma Repository Tissue Procurement Protocol for Relapse or Recurrent Disease|
|Study Start Date :||March 1993|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||July 2011|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||July 2011|
- Acquisition of snap-frozen lymphoma tissues [ Time Frame: July 2011 ]
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00898872
|Study Chair:||Thomas Grogan, MD||University of Arizona|
|Study Chair:||Thomas P. Miller, MD||University of Arizona|
|Study Chair:||Richard I. Fisher, MD||James P. Wilmot Cancer Center|