Comparison of Multifocal Electroretinogram Assessment in Chronic Central Serous Chorioretinopathy (CSC) Between Laser Treatment Group and Photodynamic Therapy Group in Chronic Central Serous Chorioretinopathy
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00803517|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : December 5, 2008
Results First Posted : December 5, 2008
Last Update Posted : March 12, 2009
|Condition or disease|
|Central Serous Chorioretinopathy|
- Laser Group: extrafoveal focal leakage on FAG
- PDT Group: no definite focal leak on FAG subfoveal or juxtafoveal focal leakage on FAG, or serous retinal pigmentary epithelial detachment involving foveal center
- Chronic serous chorioretinopathy (over 3 months) when subretinal fluid persisted in the subfoveal region demonstrated by clinical examination and OCT
- Ability to maintain steady fixation for mfERG
- Presence of abnormal dilated choroidal vasculature in ICGA
- Symptom duration over 3 months
- previous PDT or laser treatment history
- evidence of Choriinal neovascularization in FAG
- other chorioretinal disorders that can cause macular exudation such as age-related macular degeneration, pathologic myopia, angioid streaks, trauma, inflammatory diseases, retinal vasculopathies, and hereditary dystrophies
1)baseline 2)1month 3)3months 4)6 months
each visit: multifocal electroretinogram, visual acuity, optical coference timography should be measured.
|Study Type :||Observational|
|Actual Enrollment :||24 participants|
|Official Title:||Comparison of Multifocal Electroretinogram Assessment Between Laser Treatment Group and Photodynamic Therapy Group in Chronic Central Serous Chorioretinopathy|
|Study Start Date :||March 2008|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||October 2008|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||October 2008|
|Photodynamic therapy (PDT)|
|Focal laser photocoagulation (focal)|
- Multifocal Electroretinogram Amplitudes [ Time Frame: baseline, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months ]
Amplitude at first annular ring at multifocal electroretinogram RETIscan (Roland Consult, Wiesbaden, Germany) is used for multifocal retinogram.
The recording protocol was chosen according to the International Society for Clinical Electro-physiology of Vision (ISCEV) guidelines.
- Best Corrected Visual Acuity [ Time Frame: baseline, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months ]Best-corrected visual acuities were obtained with Snellen charts. Snellen's visual acuity was converted logarithm of the minimum angle of resolution (logMAR) for statistical analysis.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00803517
|Korea, Republic of|
|Samsung Medical Center|
|Seoul, Korea, Republic of, 135-710|
|Study Chair:||Se Woong Kang, MD||Samsung Medical Center|