Investigate Plaque and Gingival Index
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00762762|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : September 30, 2008
Results First Posted : April 26, 2012
Last Update Posted : April 26, 2012
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Periodontitis||Drug: Triclosan and fluoride Drug: Fluoride||Phase 3|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||46 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Parallel Assignment|
|Official Title:||Investigate Plaque and Gingival Index|
|Study Start Date :||March 2006|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||December 2008|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||December 2008|
|Active Comparator: A||
Drug: Triclosan and fluoride
Brush twice daily
Other Name: triclosan/fluoride/copolymer toothpaste
|Placebo Comparator: B||
swished twice daily
Other Name: Anti-cavitiy fluoride oral rinse
- HbA1c Levels in Blood [ Time Frame: 12 months ]Blood is taken from each subject and HbA1c levels were measured at 12 months by Queensland Health Pathology Scientific Services (QHPSS). This test measures the glycated hemoglobin in the blood.
- High Sensitivity CRP (C-Reactive Protein) [ Time Frame: 12 months ]CRP is a protein found in the blood and is a marker for inflammation in the body. Inflammation plays a role in the initiation and progression of cardiovascular disease.
- C-Peptide [ Time Frame: 12 months ]C-Peptide levels in blood indicate whether or not a person is producing insulin
- IL-6 (Interleukin - 6) [ Time Frame: 12 months ]Levels of Interleukin - 6 (GCF IL-6) found in blood drawn from subjects. Indication of systemic inflammation in the body.(weight in picagrams)
- TNF-α (Tumor Necrosis Factor - Alpha) [ Time Frame: 12 months ]Blood drawn from subjects to determine the level of TNF-α (Tumor necrosis factor - alpha). TNF-α is a pleiotropic inflammatory cytokine involved in systemic inflammation.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00762762
|Republic of Marshall Islands|
|Principal Investigator:||Gregory Seymour, BDS, PhD||Otago University|