Irinotecan in Treating Patients With Recurrent or Refractory Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00003245|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : September 24, 2003
Last Update Posted : October 8, 2012
RATIONALE: Drugs used in chemotherapy use different ways to stop tumor cells from dividing so they stop growing or die.
PURPOSE: Phase II trial to study the effectiveness of irinotecan in treating patients with recurrent or refractory non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Lymphoma||Drug: irinotecan hydrochloride||Phase 2|
- Determine the objective response rate and toxicity of irinotecan when administered to patients with recurrent or refractory non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
OUTLINE: Patients are stratified by disease category (aggressive vs indolent vs mantle cell lymphoma). Patients with aggressive and indolent lymphoma are further stratified as to being refractory (no complete response (CR) or partial response (PR) to initial therapy) vs recurrent (CR or PR to initial therapy); i.e, the following subcategories are used:
- Stratum I:Refractory aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL)
- Stratum II:Recurrent aggressive NHL
- Stratum III: Refractory indolent NHL
- Stratum IV: Recurrent indolent NHL
- Stratum V: Mantle cell NHL All patients receive irinotecan intravenously every 21 days. Patients achieving CR or PR receive 6 courses. Patients may receive bone marrow transplantation after at least 2 courses.
Patients are followed every 3 months for survival.
PROJECTED ACCRUAL: This study will accrue 18 patients per stratum; if at least three patients respond, an additional 25 patients will be accrued for a total of 43 evaluable patients per stratum. The total number accrued will be 90-215 over a period of approximately 3 years.
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Actual Enrollment :||50 participants|
|Intervention Model:||Single Group Assignment|
|Masking:||None (Open Label)|
|Official Title:||Phase II Study of Irinotecan for the Treatment of Relapsed or Refractory Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma|
|Study Start Date :||February 1998|
|Actual Primary Completion Date :||July 2004|
|Actual Study Completion Date :||July 2004|
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00003245
|United States, Texas|
|University of Texas - MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|Houston, Texas, United States, 77030-4009|
|Study Chair:||Andre Goy, MD||M.D. Anderson Cancer Center|