A Study of Isoprinosine in Patients With Lymph Node Disease
|The safety and scientific validity of this study is the responsibility of the study sponsor and investigators. Listing a study does not mean it has been evaluated by the U.S. Federal Government. Read our disclaimer for details.|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00002297|
Recruitment Status : Completed
First Posted : August 31, 2001
Last Update Posted : June 24, 2005
The objectives of this study are to determine the effects of isoprinosine in patients diagnosed as having unexplained generalized lymphadenopathy. Variables to be examined will include:
Signs and symptoms:
- Weight loss.
- Occurrence of opportunistic infections.
Cell-mediated immune system parameters:
- T-helper cell (OKT4) numbers and proportions.
- T-suppressor cell (OKT8) numbers and proportions.
- Natural killer (NK) cell activity.
- Lymphocyte blastogenic response to phytohemagglutinin (PHA).
- Lymphocyte blastogenic response to pokeweed mitogen (PWM).
- Immunoglobulin (IgG, IgA, IgM, IgE, IgD) profile.
- Circulating immune complexes. Infections characteristically associated with AIDS, such as Candida albicans, Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia, Cytomegalovirus, Herpes simplex, Cryptococcus, Histoplasma, Toxoplasma, Cryptosporidium, Mycobacterium avium- intracellulare, Legionella, and Isospora.
- Blood chemistry including serum uric acid (PurposeA-12).
- Complete blood count (CBC).
- Platelet count.
|Condition or disease||Intervention/treatment||Phase|
|Lymphatic Disease HIV Infections||Drug: Inosine pranobex||Not Applicable|
|Study Type :||Interventional (Clinical Trial)|
|Official Title:||A Multi-Center Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Study to Investigate the Action of Isoprinosine (Inosiplex) in Patients With Unexplained Generalized Lymphadenopathy|
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contact information provided by the sponsor.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier (NCT number): NCT00002297
|United States, California|
|Newport Pharmaceuticals International Inc|
|Laguna Hills, California, United States, 92656|