How to Find Studies by Topic or on a Map
How to Browse for Studies by Topic
There are three ways to view studies by topic:
- Select See Studies by Topic from the Find Studies menu
- Click on Studies by Topic below the Search box on the home page
- After conducting a search, choose the By Topic tab above the list of search results
Using any method above, you can browse for studies using any of the following topics:
- Rare diseases
- Drug interventions
- Dietary supplements
- Sponsor/collaborators (for example, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI))
- Locations (for example, United States, New York)
Within these topics, you can browse by using an alphabetical (A–Z) list or a list organized by category. The Rare Diseases topic is only presented alphabetically and the Locations topic includes a list by region instead of by category.
- Select See Studies by Topic from the Find Studies menu or click on Studies by Topic on the home page.
- Under Conditions, click on By Category to see the list of condition categories.
- Click on Cancers and Other Neoplasms to see a list of types of cancers and neoplasms.
- Click on Adenocarcinoma to see a search results list of all studies involving adenocarcinoma.
See How to Use Search Results for more information.
How to Browse for Studies on a Map
Select See Studies on Map from the Find Studies menu or click on Studies on Map on the home page to browse for studies conducted in a particular region, country, state, or province. You can also view your search results on a map by choosing the On Map tab on the Search Results page. You will first see a global map that shows the total number of studies located in each region. Click on a region to see a more detailed map of the countries, states, or provinces in that region.
Click on a country, state, or province to see a list of all studies with locations in that area. Studies with multiple locations are included in each region where the study has locations. Studies with no locations provided are not included in the total counts or on the maps.
An alphabetical list of the displayed countries, states, and provinces with their corresponding number of studies is provided below each map. Click on the number of studies next to a country, state, or province to see a list of all the studies with locations in that area.
- Select See Studies on Map from the Find Studies menu or click on Studies on Map on the home page.
- Click on the United States.
- You will then see a map of only the United States, with numbers for each State indicating how many studies are located in each State.
- Below the map is an alphabetical list of States and the number of studies located in each State.
- Click on any State on the map or click on the number of studies in the list to see a list of search results for all studies with locations in that State.