Epidemiological Study to Describe Non Small Cell Lung Cancer Clinical Management Patterns in MENA. Lung-EPICLIN/ Gulf (Lung-EPICLIN/G)
The overall aim of the study is:
To provide accurate and reliable information regarding NSCLC clinical management across MENA region in order to detect unmet medical needs of this disease in terms of:
- Patient and hospital characteristics.
- Diagnostic and treatment approaches: initial and subsequent.
- Follow-up patterns in clinical management.
- Outcomes: symptoms, death, functionality, quality of life.
- Use of resources and burden on patients and health care systems.
Non Small Cells Lung Cancer
|Study Design:||Observational Model: Case-Only
Time Perspective: Prospective
|Official Title:||Epidemiological Study to Describe NSCLC Clinical Management Patterns in MENA|
- Use of health resources by collecting data about hospital description and characteristics, Disease Diagnosis Procedures and Therapy information [ Time Frame: April 2014(26 Months) ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
- Patient-Reported Outcomes (PRO) through self-administered questionnaires and the patients will be asked to complete them at each evaluation visit(25% of the whole sample) [ Time Frame: April 2014(26 Months) ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
|Study Start Date:||August 2012|
|Estimated Study Completion Date:||December 2015|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date:||December 2015 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
|Sample of patients will be invited to complete Quality of Life|
Epidemiological study to describe NSCLC clinical management patterns in MENA
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01562665
|Contact: AstraZeneca Clinical Study Information Centeremail@example.com|
|United Arab Emirates|
|Alain - AbuAhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Principal Investigator:||Kakil Rasul, CONSULTANT||Hamad Medical Corporation, Doha, Qatar|
|Principal Investigator:||Ahmed El Khodary, CONSULTANT||Kuwait Cancer Centre, Al Sabah Hospital, Kuwait|
|Principal Investigator:||Norbert Drier, CONSULTANT||Zayed Military Hospital, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Principal Investigator:||Farid Khalifa, CONSULTANT||Salmaniya Medical Complex, Bahrain|
|Principal Investigator:||Mohamed Jaloudy, CONSULTANT||Tawam Hospital ,Alain,Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|