Provision of a Mobile Geriatric Team Extra-Community Hospital (UMG)
The purpose of this study is to demonstrate the effectiveness of the mobile unit to reduce the geriatric hospital inappropriate (especially for emergencies) to 1 month.
The primary endpoint: survival without hospitalization through the emergency inappropriate to 1 month.
|Study Design:||Observational Model: Cohort
Time Perspective: Prospective
|Official Title:||Provision of a Mobile Geriatric Team Extra-Community Hospital in Assessing and Regulating the Hospitalization of Frail Elderly Patients With Complex Medical and Social Situation|
- effectiveness of the visit of the mobile unit to reduce the geriatric hospital inappropriate (especially for emergencies) to 1 month [ Time Frame: 1 month ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]inappropriate survival without hospitalization through the emergency room at 1 month
- follow-up rate of the proposals of UMG ext (adherence to recommendations and feasibility) and analyze the reasons for not monitoring these proposals one month [ Time Frame: 1 month ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]follow-up of recommendations made by the mobile unit of Geriatrics
- survival without hospitalization inappropriate, mortality, changes in functional status and cognitive health care consumption up to 6 months of surgery [ Time Frame: 6 months ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]Unplanned hospitalization rates obtained by telephone follow-up at 3 and 6 months
- effectiveness of the visit of the mobile geriatric home versus telephone follow-up of mobile geriatric unit [ Time Frame: 6 months ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]Analysis of sub-groups
- needs and difficulties of attending physicians in the care of frail elderly patients with complex medical and social situation before and after the establishment of mobile units for geriatrics. [ Time Frame: 1 year ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]Questionnaire to GPs in the health sector concerned
- cost effectiveness of two types of visit of the mobile unit of Geriatrics (telephone regulation and control over travel home phone) [ Time Frame: 6 months ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]Cost of hospitalization.
|Study Start Date:||June 2011|
|Study Completion Date:||November 2013|
|Primary Completion Date:||May 2013 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
home visit of UMG
home visit with evaluation and management of the situation (control over in-home telephone)
Other: home visit
home visit of UMG
geriatric mobile unit provides a telephone advice only to the general practitioner with guidance and recommendations (call control)
Other: telephone management
telephone management of the situation reported by the patient's GP
Other Name: telephone management of the mobile unit of Geriatrics
The purpose of this study is to assess the effectiveness of the Mobile Geriatrics on the management of complex situations in retirement homes and in ambulatory care of frail elderly patients, reported by the generalist doctor, in terms of improving the conditions of use technical support hospital follow-up recommendations given by the mobile team and their impact on outcomes of care.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01449968
|Annecy, France, 74000|
|University Hospital of Grenoble|
|Grenoble, France, 38000|
|Roanne, France, 42300|
|Principal Investigator:||Pascal COUTURIER, PUPH||Geriatric unit - University Hospital of Grenoble|