Study of Treatment Used for Migraine Headaches (MK-0974-076) (MASTER)
This study has been terminated.
Information provided by (Responsible Party):
Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp.
First received: July 28, 2011
Last updated: August 30, 2012
Last verified: August 2012
This study will describe the reasons for triptan utilization patterns (continuation and discontinuation) in triptan-naïve participants and assess the stability of treatment utilization patterns over time according to standard medical guidelines or clinical practice standards of the investigating physician.
||Observational Model: Cohort
Time Perspective: Prospective
||Migraine Attack Study of Treatment, Efficacy and Resource Use (MASTER) - McKesson Substudy (MK-0974-076)
Primary Outcome Measures:
- Number of participants on triptan therapy study entry [ Time Frame: At entry on study ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
- Number of participants on triptan therapy at Month 3 [ Time Frame: Month 3 ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
| Study Start Date:
| Study Completion Date:
| Primary Completion Date:
||March 2012 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)
Participants with migraine
Participants being treated by their Physicians for migraine
|Ages Eligible for Study:
||18 Years and older
|Genders Eligible for Study:
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers:
Participants with physician-diagnosed migraine (with or without aura) who have had at least two, but not more than 8 moderate to severe migraines during the 30 days prior to screening. Participants must have received a triptan prescription 3 months (± 2 weeks) prior to being identified by the physician, must have been triptan-naïve prior to that initial prescription, and must have taken triptan medication at least once within 6 months prior to the date of informed consent for screening.
- At least 18 years of age in the United States at the time of consent
- Physician-diagnosed migraine with or without aura
- At least two and up to a maximum of 8 moderate to severe migraine attacks during the 30 days prior to screening
- Initial triptan prescription 3 months (± 2 weeks) prior to being identified as eligible for this study, and triptan-naïve before that initial prescription
- Used triptan medication at least once within 6 months prior to the date of informed consent for screening
- Internet access and able to complete online surveys via electronic data entry
- Treated with triptans prior to this study
- In active litigation and compensation issues including disability dispute cases with a Government agency
- Participation in a clinical trial within the last 90 days
Choosing to participate in a study is an important personal decision. Talk with your doctor and family members or friends about deciding to join a study.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the Contacts provided below.
For general information, see Learn About Clinical Studies.
No Contacts or Locations Provided
No publications provided
||Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp.
History of Changes
|Other Study ID Numbers:
|Study First Received:
||July 28, 2011
||August 30, 2012
||United States: Institutional Review Board
Additional relevant MeSH terms:
ClinicalTrials.gov processed this record on August 27, 2014
Headache Disorders, Primary
Central Nervous System Diseases
Nervous System Diseases