Protocol For the Treatment Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia With Ph 'Negative in Elderly Patients (> 55 Years)
The protocol objective is providing adequate treatment and based on broad consensus in elderly patients with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL). Apply uniform treatment that enables a joint analysis of results strong enough to make conclusions on specific subgroups of patients (genotypic subtypes, particularly LAL Bcr/abl positive, phenotype, or strata of age or associated diseases). Provide results of a treatment to consider standard against which to compare the results of phase II trials of experimental drugs that undoubtedly will be activated in the coming years
Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
Drug: Dexamethasona, Idarubicine, ARA-C, Methotrexate
|Study Design:||Endpoint Classification: Safety/Efficacy Study
Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment
Masking: Open Label
Primary Purpose: Treatment
|Official Title:||PROTOCOL FOR THE TREATMENT Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia With Ph 'NEGATIVE IN ELDERLY PATIENTS (> 55 Years)|
- Efficacy in terms of response rate [ Time Frame: 5 years ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
- Efficacy in terms disease free survival [ Time Frame: 5 years ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
- Efficacy in terms of global survival [ Time Frame: 10 years ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
|Study Start Date:||May 2010|
|Estimated Study Completion Date:||December 2014|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date:||May 2014 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
|Experimental: Chemotherapy||Drug: Dexamethasona, Idarubicine, ARA-C, Methotrexate|
Prephase (days -5 to -1) Dexamethasone 10 mg/m2 bolus day IV for 5 days (-5 to -1). Supplementary treatment: hydration minimum 2000 ml/day, allopurinol 300 mg / day, gastric protection (as center), daily monitoring of blood glucose, daily monitoring of renal function. Intrathecal treatment (diagnosis and prophylactic) day -5: 12 mg were administered intrathecal methotrexate. The morphological study of the CSF will be defining initial CNS involvement by LAL. Although it is recommended immunophenotypic study of CSF, the definition of CNS involvement by LAL (and its therapeutic consequences) based on morphological observation of blasts in CSF cytocentrifuge.
Tolerance prephase period can be used to establish the final indication of treatment (standard protocol or frail patients). Day 0 is free of treatment and is considered as +1 the first day of induction. The total duration of the induction is 30 days, consists of two phases (Phase I, days +1 to +14 and phase II, days +15 to +30). Mandatory testing is considered counting the percentage of blasts in peripheral blood +8 day of induction, a myelogram to day +14 to assess early response and a day +35 to assess the complete remission
(days +1 to +14)
- Vincristine (VCR) 1 mg (absolute dose) IV 1 and 8.
- Idarubicin (IDA): 10 mg (absolute dose) IV 1, 2, 8 and 9.
- Dexamethasone (DEX): 10 mg/m2 bolus days 1 and 2 IV, 8 to 11
days +15 to +30)
- cyclophosphamide (CFM): 300 mg / m 2 iV in 1 hour 15 to 17. (3 total doses).
- Cytarabine (ARAC): 60 mg / m 2 iV in 1 hour 16 to 19, 23 to 26. (8 total doses).
- Vincristine (VCR) 1 mg (absolute dose) iV 1 and 8.
- Idarubicin (IDA): 10 mg (absolute dose) iV 1, 2, 8 and 9.
- Dexamethasone (DEX): 10 mg/m2 bolus days 1 and 2 iV, 8 to 11
Cycles 1, 3, 5 MTX: 1,000 mg/m2, IV infusion of 24 hours day 1 L-ASA. 10,000 IU / m 2 IV or IM Day 2 Cycles 2, 4, 6 ARAC: 1,000 mg/m2, IV in 3 hours on days 1, 3 and 5
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01366898
|Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol and all Hospital Pethema||Recruiting|
|Badalona, Barcelona, Spain|
|Contact: José Mª Ribera, Dr email@example.com|