3.1 Conditions for Patient Eligibility
3.1.1 Pathologically (histologically or cytologically) proven diagnosis of solid malignancy 3.1.2 Eligible disease sites include the following
- GI (including colorectal, anal, esophagus, pancreas, gastric with the exception of patients with colon cancer and liver-only metastatic disease )
- Head and neck
- Skin (melanoma and squamous cell carcinoma)
- Lung (both small cell and non-small cell)
- Sarcoma (both soft tissue and bone)
- Gynecologic (endometrial, cervical, ovarian, vaginal, vulvar)
3.1.3 Patients are stage IV (M1) or recurrent with any combination of T and N with oligometastatic disease as defined by 5 or fewer total sites of metastatic disease 3.1.4 Can have recurrent disease from the primary disease (this is definition of oligorecurrent disease) but cannot have any other primary cancer diagnosed or treated within the last 3 years other than cutaneous skin cancer.
3.1.5 Prior systemic chemotherapy is allowable 3.1.4 Zubrod Performance Status 0-1 3.1.5 Age ≥ 18 3.1.6 CBC/differential obtained within 4 weeks prior to registration on study, with adequate bone marrow function defined as follows: 18.104.22.168 Absolute neutrophil count (ANC) ≥ 1,800 cells/mm3; 22.214.171.124 Platelets ≥ 100,000 cells/mm3; 126.96.36.199 Hemoglobin ≥ 8.0 g/dl (Note: The use of transfusion or other intervention to achieve Hgb ≥ 8.0 g/dl is acceptable.); 3.1.7 Women of childbearing potential and male participants must practice adequate contraception 3.1.8 Patient must provide study specific informed consent prior to study entry
3.2.1 Ineligible disease sites include the following
- Multiple myeloma
- Primary CNS
- Peritoneal carcinomatosis
- Colon cancer with liver-only metastatic disease that is treatable with surgical resection 3.2.2 Other
- Diffuse metastatic spread confined to one organ system is ineligible; examples of this include leptomeningeal spread in the CNS and peritoneal carcinomatosis.
- Metastatic disease sites must be treatable with stereotactic radiosurgery (at discretion of treating physician). Patients with oligometastatic sites not amenable to SRS treatment, either through size or locations, are ineligible for this trial.
3.2.4 Severe, active co-morbidity, defined as follows: 188.8.131.52 Unstable angina and/or congestive heart failure requiring hospitalization within the last 6 months; 184.108.40.206 Transmural myocardial infarction within the last 6 months; 220.127.116.11 Acute bacterial or fungal infection requiring intravenous antibiotics at the time of registration; 18.104.22.168 Hepatic insufficiency resulting in clinical jaundice and/or coagulation defects; note, however, that laboratory tests for liver function and coagulation parameters are not required for entry into this protocol.
3.2.5 Pregnancy or women of childbearing potential and men who are sexually active and not willing/able to use medically acceptable forms of contraception; this exclusion is necessary because the treatment involved in this study may be significantly teratogenic.
3.2.6 Patients unable to have an FDG-PET scan, either through insurance coverage, patient decision or other reason are not eligible for this study.
3.2.7 Oligometastatic disease sites not eligible based on concern for toxicity:
- trachea involvement (direct invasion, tumors close to or abutting trachea are eligible)
- heart (direct invasion or involvement, pericardial lymph nodes can be treated) 3.2.8 Patients unable to have SRS through insurance coverage or ability to pay for SRS