A Study to Evaluate the Impact of Direct and Surrogate Advertising and Compliance With the Bill With the Respect to Sale of Tobacco Products Around Educational Institutes
Recruitment status was Recruiting
The Project aims at enlisting the outlets selling tobacco in any form and enlisting the tobacco based advertisements (Direct and Surrogate) directed towards the community, within 100 yards of the selected educational institutes and studying their impact on the students of that institute. This will further be followed by an intervention program directed at the outlet owners which entails creating awareness about the harmful effects of tobacco and the existing bill and thereby assessing any change in Knowledge, Attitude and Practice. The results thus obtained will facilitate implementation of the existing Bill.
Assessing and Creating Awareness About the Tobacco Law
Behavioral: Health Education
|Study Design:||Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment
Masking: Open Label
Primary Purpose: Prevention
|Official Title:||An Intervention Study To Evaluate The Impact Of Direct and Surrogate Advertising And Compliance With The Bill With The Respect To Sale Of Tobacco Products Around Educational Institutes|
- KAP of tobacco vendors about Tobacco Bill [ Time Frame: one year ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]The primary outcome is assessment of the Knowledge, Attitude and Practice of shop owners towards tobacco ill-effects and the existing Bill and to determine the impact of our intervention on their knowledge regarding the same. Evaluation of the impact these outlets and the advertisements on the students of the selected educational institutes.
- post-intervention KAP [ Time Frame: six months ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]To evaluate the change in the knowledge attitude and practice six months after our planned intervention.
|Study Start Date:||May 2010|
|Estimated Study Completion Date:||April 2011|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date:||April 2011 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
Behavioral: Health Education
- Implementing the intervention programme designed for creating awareness about harmful effect of tobacco (smoked and smokeless forms) and the current regulation to the shop-owners.
- Administering the questionnaire to objectively asses the impact of direct/ surrogate tobacco advertisements influencing student behavior and perception about tobacco and tobacco products.
- Implementing the intervention programme designed for creating awareness about harmful effect of tobacco (smoked and smokeless forms) and the current regulation to the students through interactive sessions with students in their respective educational institute.
|Contact: Sharmila A Pimple, MD||912224154379 ext email@example.com|
|Contact: Gauravi A Mishra, MDfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tata Memorial Hospital||Recruiting|
|Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, 400012|
|Contact: Sharmila A Pimple, MD 912224154379 ext 4631 email@example.com|
|Contact: Gauravi A Mishra, MD 912224157532 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Principal Investigator: Sharmila A Pimple, MD|
|Principal Investigator: Gauravi A Mishra, MD|
|Principal Investigator:||Sharmila A Pimple, MD||Tata Memorial Hospital|
|Principal Investigator:||Gauravi A Mishra, MD||Tata Memorial Hospital|