Safety and Tolerability of RGB-286638 in Patients With Selected, Relapsed or Refractory Hematological Malignancies
This study has been withdrawn prior to enrollment.
(Sponsor decision to not initiate clinical trial at this time)
Information provided by (Responsible Party):
First received: July 20, 2010
Last updated: August 1, 2012
Last verified: August 2012
The purpose of the study is to determine the safety and tolerability of RGB-286638, a novel, multi-targeted kinase inhibitor, administered to patients with selected, relapsed or refractory hematological malignancies.
||Endpoint Classification: Safety/Efficacy Study
Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment
Masking: Open Label
Primary Purpose: Treatment
||Phase 1 Open-label, Dose-escalation Clinical Study of the Safety and Tolerability of RGB-286638, a Novel, Multi-targeted Kinase Inhibitor, Administered to Patients With Selected, Relapsed or Refractory Hematological Malignancies
Primary Outcome Measures:
- Maximum Tolerated Dose [ Time Frame: 28 Days of Cycle 1 ] [ Designated as safety issue: Yes ]
Secondary Outcome Measures:
| Study Start Date:
| Estimated Study Completion Date:
| Estimated Primary Completion Date:
||June 2014 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)
The starting dose is a flat-fixed dose of 40 mg given i.v. over 60 min, weekly x3, of a 28-days cycle (q4 weeks)
|Ages Eligible for Study:
||18 Years and older
|Genders Eligible for Study:
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers:
- Prior chemotherapy, monoclonal antibodies, investigational agents, or radiation therapy (involving ≥ 30% of the active bone marrow) within 14 days prior to the first dose (note nitrosoureas and mitomycin are not permitted for at least 42 days before the first dose of RGB-286638).
- CNS involvement of the hematological malignancy.
- Active or unstable cardiac disease and/or history of myocardial infarction within 6 months and/or history of clinically significant ventricular arrhythmias.
- Concomitant therapies that are known to prolong the QT interval and are associated with a risk of Torsades de Pointes (TdP) are not permitted within 7 days before the first dose; however, amiodarone is not permitted within 90 days before the first dose.
- Patients with uncontrolled and unstable intercurrent illness.
- Concomitant therapy with inhibitors and/or inducers of CYP450 3A4 within 1 week of the first dose.
- Bleeding disorder unrelated to hematological malignant disease.
- HIV or HIV-related malignancy.
- History of other malignancies except: (i) adequately treated basal or squamous cell carcinoma of the skin; (ii) curatively treated, a) in situ carcinoma of the uterine cervix, b) prostate cancer, or c) superficial bladder cancer; or (iii) other curatively treated solid tumor with no evidence of disease for ≥ 2 years.
- Any other condition that would, in the investigator's judgment, contraindicate the patient's participation in the clinical study due to safety concerns or compliance with clinical study procedures.
No Contacts or Locations Provided
No publications provided
History of Changes
|Other Study ID Numbers:
|Study First Received:
||July 20, 2010
||August 1, 2012
||United States: Food and Drug Administration
Keywords provided by Agennix:
Additional relevant MeSH terms:
ClinicalTrials.gov processed this record on December 03, 2013
Neoplasms by Site