Comprehensive Omics Analysis of Pediatric Solid Tumors and Establishment of a Repository for Related Biological Studies
- Laboratory investigators who are studying common childhood cancers are interested in developing a tissue repository to collect and store blood, serum, tissue, urine, or tumors of children who have cancer or adults who have common childhood cancers. To develop this repository, additional samples will be collected from children and adults who have been diagnosed with common childhood cancers such as leukemia and tumors of the central nervous system.
- To collect and store blood, serum, tissue, urine, or tumor samples of children who have cancer or adults who have common childhood cancers.
- Individuals who have been diagnosed with a common childhood cancer (e.g., leukemia) regardless of patient age.
- Children, adolescents, and adults who have been diagnosed with a type of cancer more commonly found in adults.
- Extra blood, serum (the liquid part of blood), tissue, urine, or tumor samples will be collected from participants at a time when sampling is required for medical care or as part of a research study.
- No additional procedures will be performed for the sole purpose of obtaining additional tumor tissue, aside from what is required for clinical care.
|Study Design:||Time Perspective: Retrospective|
|Official Title:||Comprehensive Omics Analysis of Pediatric Solid Tumors and Establishment of a Repository for Related Biological Studies|
|Study Start Date:||April 2010|
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT01109394
|Contact: Donna M Bernstein, R.N.||(301) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Javed Khan, M.D.||(301) email@example.com|
|United States, District of Columbia|
|Childrens National Medical Center||Recruiting|
|Washington, District of Columbia, United States|
|United States, Florida|
|Children's Hospital of Orange County||Recruiting|
|Orange, Florida, United States, 92613|
|United States, Maryland|
|National Institutes of Health Clinical Center, 9000 Rockville Pike||Recruiting|
|Bethesda, Maryland, United States, 20892|
|Contact: For more information at the NIH Clinical Center contact National Cancer Institute Referral Office (888) NCI-1937|
|Principal Investigator:||Javed Khan, M.D.||National Cancer Institute (NCI)|