Endeavor Zotarolimus - Eluting Stent in the Treatment Lesions in Small Native Coronary Arteries. (ENDEAVOR SVS)
This study is ongoing, but not recruiting participants.
Information provided by (Responsible Party):
First received: January 25, 2008
Last updated: October 31, 2012
Last verified: October 2012
The Endeavor Zotarolimus-Eluting Coronary Stent System utilized in the ENDEAVOR SVS Registry is indicated for improving coronary luminal diameter in patients with ischemic heart disease due to de novo lesions of length ≤ 27 mm in native coronary arteries with reference vessel diameters of ≥ 2.25 mm to ≤ 2.75 mm.
Coronary Artery Disease
Device: Endeavor Zotarolimus-Eluting Coronary Stent
||Endpoint Classification: Safety/Efficacy Study
Intervention Model: Single Group Assignment
Masking: Open Label
Primary Purpose: Treatment
||A Clinical Evaluation of the Medtronic Endeavor Zotarolimus-Eluting Coronary Stent System in the Treatment of De Novo Lesions in Small Diameter Native Coronary Arteries
Primary Outcome Measures:
- In-segment percent diameter stenosis at 8 months post-procedure [ Time Frame: 8 months post-procedure ] [ Designated as safety issue: Yes ]
Secondary Outcome Measures:
- Major Adverse Cardiac Events (MACE) rate [ Time Frame: 12 months post-procedure ] [ Designated as safety issue: Yes ]
| Study Start Date:
| Estimated Study Completion Date:
| Primary Completion Date:
||March 2012 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)
Device: Endeavor Zotarolimus-Eluting Coronary Stent
Drug Eluting Stent
|Ages Eligible for Study:
||18 Years and older
|Genders Eligible for Study:
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers:
GENERAL INCLUSION CRITERIA:
- The patient is ≥ 18 years of age.
- The patient has clinical evidence of ischemic heart disease, stable or unstable angina, silent ischemia, or positive functional study.
- The patient is an acceptable candidate for PTCA, stenting, and emergent CABG surgery.
- Female patients of childbearing potential must have a negative pregnancy test within 7 days before the procedure.
- The patient or patient's legal representative has been informed of the nature of the study and agrees to its provisions and has provided written informed consent as approved by the Institutional Review Board (IRB) of the respective clinical site.
- The patient agrees to return to same research facility for all required post-procedure follow-up visits.
ANGIOGRAPHIC INCLUSION CRITERIA
1. The target lesion/vessel must meet the following criteria:
The patient requires treatment of either:
- A single de novo lesion located in a native coronary artery amenable to treatment with a 2.25mm, 2.5mm or 2.75mm stent, or
- Two de novo lesions located in separate target vessels, with at least one of the target lesions amenable to treatment with a 2.25mm, 2.5mm, or 2.75mm stent and the second lesion amenable to treatment with a 2.25mm, 2.5mm, or 2.75mm stent or a 3.0mm or 3.5mm approved Endeavor stent.
- The lesion(s) must be ≤ 27mm in length.
- The lesion(s) must have a stenosis of ≥ 50% and < 100%.
- The vessel(s) has (have) a thrombolysis in myocardial infarction (TIMI) flow 2 or greater.
- The target vessel reference diameter must be ≥ 2.25mm and ≤ 2.75mm and the second target vessel reference diameter, if present, must be ≥ 2.25mm and ≤ 3.5mm.
- All target lesions can be treated with a Medtronic Endeavor stent. NOTE: Measurements may be made by careful visual estimate, on-line QCA or intravascular ultrasound (IVUS).
GENERAL EXCLUSION CRITERIA:
- Known hypersensitivity or contraindication to aspirin, heparin, bivalirudin, ticlopidine, clopidogrel, cobalt, nickel, chromium, molybdenum, polymer coatings (e.g. Phosphorylcholine), or sensitivity to contrast media, which cannot be adequately pre-medicated
- History of allergic reaction or significant sensitivity to drugs such as zotarolimus, rapamycin, tacrolimus, everolimus, or any other analogue or derivative
- Platelet count < 100,000 cells/mm³ or > 700,000 cells/mm³, or white blood cell count < 3,000 cells/mm³
- Serum creatinine level > 2.0 mg/dl within 7 days prior to index procedure
Evidence of acute MI within 72 hours of intended index procedure (defined as: Q wave myocardial infarction (QWMI) or non-Q wave myocardial infarction (NQWMI) having CK enzymes ≥ 2X the upper laboratory normal with the presence of a CK-MB elevated above Institution's upper limit of normal).
Note: Patients with evidence or suspicion of acute MI must have CK and CK-MB labs drawn and results reviewed prior to enrollment
- Planned PCI of any vessel within 30 days pre or post-index procedure and/or planned PCI of the target vessel(s) within 12 months post-procedure.
- During the index procedure, the target lesion(s) requires treatment with a device other than PTCA prior to stent placement (including but not limited to, cutting balloon, any atherectomy, any laser, thrombectomy, etc.)
- History of stroke or transient ischemic attack (TIA) within prior 6 months
- Active peptic ulcer or upper gastrointestinal (GI) bleeding within prior 6 months.
- History of bleeding diathesis or coagulopathy or patient will refuse blood transfusions.
- Concurrent medical condition with life expectancy of less than 12 months.
- Any previous or planned treatment of target vessel with anti-restenotic therapies including but not limited to brachytherapy.
- Currently participating in an investigational drug or another device study that has not completed primary endpoint or that clinically interferes with current study endpoints; or requires coronary angiography, IVUS or other coronary artery imaging procedures.
- Documented left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF) < 30% at most recent evaluation.
- Inability to comply with protocol required medication regimen (e.g. antiplatelet duration).
ANGIOGRAPHIC EXCLUSION CRITERIA
- Target lesion(s) located in native vessel distal to anastomosis with saphenous vein graft or a left/right internal mammary artery (LIMA/RIMA) bypass with > 40% diameter stenosis anywhere within graft.
Previous stenting (drug-eluting or bare metal) in the target vessel(s) unless the following conditions are met:
- It has been at least 9 months since the previous stenting, and
- The target lesion(s) is/are at least 15mm away from the previously placed stent.
- Target vessel has other lesions with > 40% diameter stenosis based on visual estimate or on-line QCA
- Target vessel(s) has/have evidence of thrombus
- Target vessel(s) is excessively tortuous (two bends ≥ 90º to reach target lesion)
Target lesion has any of the following characteristics:
- Location is aorto-ostial, an unprotected left main lesion, or within 5 mm of the origin of the left anterior descending (LAD), left circumflex (LCX), or right coronary artery (RCA)
- Involves a side branch > 2.0 mm in diameter
- Is at or distal to a > 45º bend in the vessel
- Is severely calcified
- Involves a bifurcation
- Unprotected left main coronary artery disease (an obstruction greater than 50% in the left main coronary artery)
Choosing to participate in a study is an important personal decision. Talk with your doctor and family members or friends about deciding to join a study.
To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the Contacts provided below.
For general information, see Learn About Clinical Studies.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00609947
|AnMed Health Medical Center
|Anderson, South Carolina, United States, 29621 |
||Martin B Leon, MD
||Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
No publications provided
History of Changes
|Other Study ID Numbers:
|Study First Received:
||January 25, 2008
||October 31, 2012
||United States: Food and Drug Administration
Additional relevant MeSH terms:
ClinicalTrials.gov processed this record on November 20, 2014
Coronary Artery Disease
Arterial Occlusive Diseases