Screening for Gynecologic Cancers in Hereditary Nonpolyposis Colorectal Cancer (HNPCC) Patients
Among women with HNPCC, this study will assess:
- Knowledge of screening recommendations for endometrial and ovarian cancers.
- Perceived risk and cancer worries regarding endometrial, ovarian and colorectal cancers.
- Adherence to screening recommendations for endometrial, ovarian and colon cancers.
- Perceived benefits,supports and barriers to endometrial and ovarian cancer screening.
- Patterns of communication about endometrial and ovarian cancer risk within families with HNPCC and with health care providers.
- Patient preferences for potential cancer screening and cancer prevention strategies related to HNPCC-associated cancers.
|Study Design:||Observational Model: Case-Only
Time Perspective: Prospective
|Official Title:||Screening for Gynecologic Cancers Among Women With Hereditary Non-Polyposis Colon Cancer (HNPCC)|
- Patient Responses to Questionnaire [ Time Frame: 7 Years ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]Outcomes measuring demographics, surveillance behaviors, perceived risk, and cancer worries, screening supports/benefits and barriers.
|Study Start Date:||May 2003|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date:||May 2014 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
Two-part telephone questionnaire lasting about 60 minutes total.
Other Name: Survey
Women who are at risk for HNPCC will be recruited to participate in this pilot study.
Women will be invited to participate in the study either through a mailed invitation or during a visit to M.D. Anderson for clinical services or for research purposes.
Women who wish to participate in the study will complete an informed consent, and will subsequently schedule an appointment with a research coordinator to complete the study questionnaire by telephone.
|United States, Texas|
|U.T.M.D. Anderson Cancer Center|
|Houston, Texas, United States, 77030|
|Principal Investigator:||Susan Peterson, PhD||M.D. Anderson Cancer Center|