NT-proBNP and New Biomarkers in Patients With Dyspnea and/or Peripheral Edema (MANPRO)
This study is ongoing, but not recruiting participants.
University Hospital Mannheim
Information provided by (Responsible Party):
Michael Behnes, University Hospital Mannheim
First received: August 31, 2005
Last updated: February 6, 2012
Last verified: February 2012
The objectives of this study are to:
- Evaluate the sensitivity and specificity of NT-proBNP (N-terminal prohormone brain natriuretic peptide) and new biomarker measurements for the diagnosis of heart failure in patients with acute dyspnea and/or edema.
- Determine the exact biomarker cut-off point(s) for the differentiation of healthy persons, patients with heart failure and patients with dyspnea of other origin.
- Evaluate treatment costs in patients with dyspnea under special consideration of NT-proBNP measurement.
|Study Design:||Observational Model: Cohort
Time Perspective: Prospective
|Official Title:||Mannheim NT-proBNP Study (MANPRO) Evaluating NT-proBNP and New Biomarkers in Patients Suffering From Dyspnea and/or Peripheral Edema for the Differential Diagnosis of Congestive Heart Failure|
Resource links provided by NLM:
U.S. FDA Resources
Further study details as provided by University Hospital Mannheim:
Biospecimen Retention: Samples Without DNA
Peripheral blood samples
|Study Start Date:||June 2005|
|Estimated Study Completion Date:||June 2015|
- Sensitivity and specificity of biomarker measurements for discrimination of heart failure from dyspnea of other origin.
- Determination of Cut-off(s)
- Discrimination of cardiac and non-cardiac diseases causing to dyspnea or peripheral edema
- Determination of treatment costs of the initial hospital stay
- Evaluation of resource savings when implementing NT-proBNP for determination of diagnosis.
- Time to diagnosis.
- Hospitalization rate /Intensive care treatment rate between day 1 and 28
- Duration of initial hospital stay
- 30-day re-hospitalization rate
- 30 day mortality rate and adverse event rate
- 1 and 5 year mortality rates
- 1 and 5 year rehospitalization rates
Contacts and Locations
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00143793
|Medical Faculty Mannheim, University of Heidelberg|
|Mannheim, Baden-Württemberg, Germany, 68167|
Sponsors and Collaborators
University Hospital Mannheim
|Study Chair:||Martina Brueckmann, MD||First Department of Medicine, University Medical Centre Mannheim|
|Study Chair:||Martin Borggrefe, MD||First Department of Medicine, University Medical Centre Mannheim|
|Principal Investigator:||Michael Neumaier, MD||Institute of Clinical Chemistry, University Medical Centre Mannheim|
|Study Chair:||Parviz Ahmad-Nejad, MD||Institute of Clinical Chemistry, University Medical Centre Mannheim|
|Principal Investigator:||Michael Behnes, MD||First Department of Medicine, University Medical Centre Mannheim|
|Study Chair:||Ursula Hoffmann, MD||First Department of Medicine, University Medical Centre Mannheim|