Establishing a Tumor Bank in Families With Multiple Lymphoproliferative Malignancies
The purpose of this study is to investigate possible genetic factors that contribute to the development of lymphomas. The databank will be used to determine whether familial lymphomas have unique genetic characteristics different from sporadic lymphomas and to attempt to identify a gene that confers an increased risk of lymphoma.
Leukemia, Lymphocytic, Chronic
|Study Design:||Observational Model: Family-Based
Time Perspective: Prospective
|Official Title:||Establishing a Tumor Bank and Initial Analysis of Germline and Tumor-Related Genetic Alterations in Families With Multiple Lymphoproliferative Malignancies|
- Genetic factors that contribute to the development of lymphomas and CLL [ Time Frame: Indefinite ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]
Biospecimen Retention: Samples With DNA
Whole blood Cheek cells Paraffin blocks of tumor tissue
|Study Start Date:||August 2004|
|Estimated Study Completion Date:||January 2020|
|Estimated Primary Completion Date:||January 2020 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
Next of Kin of deceased subject by lymphoma
Subject unaffected by lymphoma
Subject affected by lymphoma
- Patients who participate will be asked to complete detailed family and medical history questionnaires initially, with a follow-up questionnaire every year.
- Patients will be asked to supply a blood sample and possibly a mouthwash sample, both of which can be done by mail.
- Patients will be asked to consent to the release of their lymphoma tissue block for the purposes of the study.
- Patients will be given letters of invitation for their affected relatives to invite them to participate.
Please refer to this study by its ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00131014
|Contact: Jennifer R. Brown, MD, PhDfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Contact: Kevin Hoangemail@example.com|
|United States, Massachusetts|
|Dana-Farber Cancer Institute||Recruiting|
|Boston, Massachusetts, United States, 02115|
|Contact: Jennifer R. Brown, MD, PhD 617-632-6692 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Principal Investigator: Jennifer R. Brown, MD, PhD|
|Principal Investigator:||Jennifer R. Brown, MD, PhD||Dana-Farber Cancer Institute|