Soblidotin in Treating Patients With Advanced or Metastatic Soft Tissue Sarcoma
RATIONALE: Drugs used in chemotherapy such as soblidotin use different ways to stop tumor cells from dividing so they stop growing or die.
PURPOSE: Phase II trial to study the effectiveness of soblidotin in treating patients who have advanced or metastatic soft tissue sarcoma.
|Study Design:||Masking: Open Label
Primary Purpose: Treatment
|Official Title:||A Phase II Study of Intravenous TZT-1027, Administered Weekly Times Two, Every Three Weeks, to Patients With Advanced or Metastatic Soft Tissue Sarcomas (STS) With Prior Exposure to Anthracycline-Based Chemotherapy|
|Study Start Date:||April 2003|
|Study Completion Date:||December 2005|
|Primary Completion Date:||December 2005 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)|
- Determine the objective tumor response rate in patients with advanced or metastatic soft tissue sarcoma with prior exposure to anthracycline-based chemotherapy when treated with soblidotin.
- Determine the duration of response in patients treated with this drug.
- Determine the time to tumor progression in patients treated with this drug.
- Determine the median survival time and 12-month survival rate of patients treated with this drug.
- Determine the quantitative and qualitative toxic effects of this drug in these patients.
- Determine the pharmacokinetics of this drug in these patients.
OUTLINE: This is an open-label, multicenter study.
Patients receive soblidotin IV over 1 hour on days 1 and 8. Treatment repeats every 3 weeks for at least 2 courses in the absence of disease progression or unacceptable toxicity.
Patients are followed every 3 months for survival.
PROJECTED ACCRUAL: A total of 27 patients will be accrued for this study within 12 months.
|United States, Alabama|
|University of Alabama at Birmingham Comprehensive Cancer Center|
|Birmingham, Alabama, United States, 35294-3300|
|United States, Indiana|
|Indiana University Cancer Center|
|Indianapolis, Indiana, United States, 46202-5289|
|United States, New York|
|Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center at Columbia University|
|New York, New York, United States, 10032|
|Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center|
|New York, New York, United States, 10021|
|United States, Texas|
|University of Texas - MD Anderson Cancer Center|
|Houston, Texas, United States, 77030-4009|
|Veterans Affairs Medical Center - San Juan|
|San Juan, Puerto Rico, 00927-5800|
|Study Chair:||Juan Pagan||Daiichi Sankyo Inc.|