A Study of Isoprinosine in Patients With Severe AIDS
This study has been completed.
Newport Pharmaceuticals International
Information provided by:
NIH AIDS Clinical Trials Information Service
First received: November 2, 1999
Last updated: June 23, 2005
Last verified: June 1989
To evaluate the effect of Isoprinosine in patients diagnosed as having AIDS relative to:
Laboratory (immunologic defects):
- Comparison of total helper and suppressor T-cell numbers among the groups.
- Comparison of changes in natural killer cell activity.
- Comparison of other laboratory findings among the groups.
- Comparison of the frequency of opportunistic infections among the groups.
- Comparison of the frequency of the development of AIDS-related malignancies.
- Comparison of other clinical manifestations relative to severity and time of onset.
|Study Design:||Masking: Double-Blind
Primary Purpose: Treatment
|Official Title:||A Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Study to Investigate the Action of Isoprinosine (Inosiplex) in Patients With Severe Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome|
Resource links provided by NLM:
U.S. FDA Resources
Further study details as provided by NIH AIDS Clinical Trials Information Service:
Contacts and Locations